Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BAD HAM  (Read 1196 times)
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2003, 07:07:09 PM »

hi,

Like I wrote in my earlier reply, just ask the local
college club.  You don't need twenty guys over to
help you, be honest and tell them you can only offer your thanks and a handshake after the work is done.

Many times here in Raleigh, NC we will see an email from a ham just like you that needs an extra set of hands and a few people get together and get the job done and don't expect anything except a thank you !

You already have had a few nice guys tell you they would be happy to help you if you were not so far away from them,  you can add me to the list too !

73 james

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2003, 10:01:52 AM »

Please stop the wining.  If I had a dollar for everytime someone promised to do something and didn't I would be a millionaire.
K8YS

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2003, 01:10:50 AM »

I know the feeling, I cannot climb, and as a result, I had to resort to BRIBES... yes, I called some guys over for PIZZA AND BEER, and while we were waiting for the pizza, I dragged out the stuff that needed to go up the tower. Once I had thier attention, it was too difficult for them to get away even though they were lured under semi-false pretense... they got the pizza and beer after the antenna work was done.

Try it, you might get more work done with pizza than by calling some guy a bad ham... I suppose he could have given you the phone number for a paid tower service.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2003, 08:29:20 PM »

Hi,

Check with the local scouts, I am sure you can get
one or two scouts over that can help you get
on the air and maybe they can learn a few things
from you !

73 james
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: