Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: swr meter  (Read 527 times)
N8YAD

Ignore
« on: March 13, 2003, 10:03:49 PM »

Quick question, I have a MFJ Deluxe Versa-Tuner II model 949-B. I have the original owners manual that does not state the specifications so far as the proper operating frequencies. The manual states it is "designed to match virtually any transmitter to almost any antenna..." Does anyone know if this would work ok on VHF? Any info would be appreciated. TNX!
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2003, 10:07:14 AM »

Try the www.mfjenterprises.com website.

It says the 949E is an HF model (1.8 - 30MHz).  I'm sure the "B" is the same.  Amateur VHF tuners are quite rare - in fact I'm not sure I have ever seen one!

(Your subject confused me - the 949 is a tuner, not just a SWR meter)

Mike N2MG
N8YAD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2003, 10:15:56 AM »

Thanks Mike, yeah I wrote "meter" because thats what my main reason for it's use is for it at this time. I did look at the website before and assumed that it was probably for HF, but you know what assuming does!...Tnx much for the reply and 73's!
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2003, 05:40:09 PM »

Leader Electronics used to make tuners for 6, 2, and 440 using the classic "T" configuration. They even had SWR bridges built in.

Gonset also made 6 and 2 tuners, and there was at least one model of Johnson which would cover 6 as well as HF.

Alan, KØBG

WA9SVD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2003, 08:09:45 PM »

Hi Mike,

I'm sure there are (or at least were) other VHF tuners, but Kenwood made a small tuner (mostly made for mobile installations; 100 W FM/CW, 200 W. SSB) for 70 cm (SWT-2, and I believe a SWT-1 for 2M) and MFJ made a 144 MHz-220 MHz tuner.  (I can't find mine or I'd give the model number.)  But there certainly wasn't as BIG a selection as there was for HF, and not high visibility units.  Just FYI.
73 to all.
Larry WA9SVD
KB0NLY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2003, 03:45:03 AM »

MFJ currently makes tuners for VHF and UHF, covering 6 meters, 2 meters, and 70cm.  I should know, used to have a 6m tuner from them until i got my FT-847 and FC-20 tuner.

Scott, KB0NLY

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: