Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Antenna shipping?  (Read 452 times)
K0WMW

Ignore
« on: March 26, 2003, 03:01:34 PM »

I need help badly and quickly.  I am trying to find a service/company which can handle shipping a large boom (2 12 foot sections) triband beam to Pensacola, Florida from the Midwest (Missouri).  UPS will not ship anything bigger than 108 inches in length.  I need suggestions/help in a big way.  This is a great antenna and deal and it's breaking my heart that I cannot find a company to ship it.  UPS, FEDEX, AIRBORNE and the others all say they can't because of size.

Thanks,

Tom
K0WMW
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2003, 09:38:29 PM »

Hi,

This item will need to ship by truck using a carrier like Roadway.

Here is a link that will get you the local service center:

http://www.roadway.com/about/findservcntr.html

73 james
W5CPT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2003, 04:12:01 PM »

Having worked in the antenna and tower business I will give you some advice. Be very careful using a trucking company.  For a LTL (less than a truck load) shipment and pickup and drop off, especially from and to a residential address, it could easily cost twice what the antenna is worth.  If you have a contact in any industry that uses trucking companies ask if they can ship it for you, as regular users get discounts based on the amount they ship.  And trucking companies are very hard to process claims through.  You might consider selling the antenna and buying new when you get there.

Sorry for the bad news.
de Clint
W5CPT
N3UHD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2003, 02:52:47 PM »

I found a great deal on a surplus antenna at a distributor that we use a lot at work. It was a CB Base antenna. A "Big Stick" in a cardboard shipping tube about 10' or so. Bigger than the ups limit.
Bottom line, antenna was going to be $5.00....shipping was going to be $95.00 to come by truck!! I went and picked it up..
Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: