Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joe walsh (wb6acu)  (Read 1869 times)
KD5KQK

Ignore
« on: July 27, 2000, 11:27:44 AM »

I am a fan of the eagles and I found out that Joe walsh is a ham radio operator I was just wondering if anyone knows what frequencies he talks on.  Being a guitarist myself I would be very happy to be able to talk to him.
K0RS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2000, 10:19:58 PM »

Joe enjoys collecting vintage radios and sometimes shows up in the AM windows.  His email is listed in QRZ.  Why not just drop him a note and inquire about his operating habits?  Who knows, he might offer a sked!
WA4RX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2000, 11:18:00 PM »

Your best bet is to email him. Joe is probably one of the most down to earth guys out there. Fame and fortune hasn't given Joe that attitude that other artists out there seem to have acquired. Like one of his lyrics.."everyone's so different..I haven't changed.."
He's a super nice guy. Like the other reply said, he seems to enjoy vintage gear.. I should know..I've been outbid by him numerous times on ebay!
As far as how active he is on the bands, I really don't know. He does take part in the Dayton Hamvention though.
By the way, other notable hams in the music business:
Ronnie Milsap
Chet Atkins
Don Henly (Eagles, too)
Patty Loveless

Probably others, too.
Take care and keep plucking away at the guitar!

Rob, wa4rx
AC7CF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2000, 03:39:47 PM »

Do you know Don Henley's callsign?
WA4RX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2000, 10:28:42 PM »

No, I don't. Sorry. I remember reading about him in one of the book publications by the ARRL. I'll try to find out for you though..

WA9PIE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2000, 01:13:49 AM »

My son and I met Joe in the flea-market at Dayton '99.  He encouraged us to go to the banquet he was playing at later that evening.  It was a great show and a real honor to meet him.

He told me that he's really into AM and does buy a lot of vintage radios (you can see that very obviously on eBay).  I've noticed that he buys a lot of Collins type stuff.

I'm also a guitar player (played professionally for 9 years) and it was really cool to meet Joe.  He really went out of his way to continue the conversation - particularly with my son.  It wasn't like he was "put-out" that someone spoke to him.

A1 operator!
KD5KQK

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2000, 01:06:04 PM »

thanks a lot im gonna have to get an am filter put in my radio so i can talk to him.  

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2000, 04:25:25 PM »

Don Henley: perhaps W6BAD?
K7FD

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2000, 06:06:04 PM »

...W6BAD is...according to QRZ.COM
KG4IXR

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2000, 08:03:04 PM »

Looking at Ebay, it looks like he likes 6 meters, as he has purchaced a few 6 mtr rigs. Might want to try him there if you don't hear him on HF.

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2001, 06:53:22 PM »

Do you know what Joe's email address is?  He has like 500 of them and I want one that has the best chance of him checking.  I need to see if I can get some tabs from him for a big concert that my bands putting on.
KG4USK

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2003, 11:43:40 AM »

If you look on QRZ.com his current Amateur Radio E-mail address is wb6acu@aol.com
Luther - KG4USK
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: