Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Band Plan Poster  (Read 3332 times)
KD5TOS

Ignore
« on: April 16, 2003, 01:35:44 PM »

Where, besides Dayton, do I find a Poster sized plan of the Ham bands, like the one the ARRL publishes in QST, in full living color, etc.

newham a' studyin'
N5CTI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 08:23:46 AM »

You're probably looking for a large, physical poster, aren't you? You may already know this, but you can download a copy of the poster at

http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/Hambands_color.pdf

or

http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/Hambands_b&w.pdf

for the color or black and white online versions. At least with those downloaded to your computer, you wouldn't have to be connected to the Internet to look at them, and you could print them out so you have a hard copy.

Boyd / N5CTI
KC8AXJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 03:31:29 PM »

http://www.icomamerica.com/downloads/bandchar.pdf

73 & Good Luck !
Steve  kc8axj@arrl.net
KD5TOS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2003, 02:08:57 PM »

Yes,that is correct, I am looking for a two foot by three foot(or so)Poster of the bands.  A friend had one a few years back that he picked up at the Icom table at the Dayton hamfest.  I won't make it there this year and haven't been able to find a listing for something like at any of the usual places.

Thanks, Karl
WA9SVD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2003, 12:45:19 AM »

The posters are nice to look at, (whether from Icom, Yaesu, or Kenwood) but be aware that they are not necessarily 100% accurate!!!
    (I check the FCC rules and print out the band limits and check the ARRL site for the "band plans.")  
    One glaring innacuracy with many of the "posters" is in the 6 and 2 Meter bands.  They say that the first 100 kHz (i.e. 50.000 - 50.100 MHz, and 144.000 - 144.100 MHz are for CW and weak signal work (NO FM.)
    Well, at least in the U.S., those portions of the band are are for CW only.  And that's by FCC regulation, NOT any band plan.  So that means not just NO FM, but also NO SSB in the first 100 kHz of either band.  That's NOT spelled out on the posters!
KD5TOS

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2003, 10:45:53 PM »

Thanks for all of the reply's.

What I am looking for is a "poster" of the "band plans".
I'll pencil in corrections and directions as needed.

I just thought it would look "cool"  between my Cheryl Tiegs poster and my painting of dogs playing poker.

KD5TOS

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2003, 10:50:45 PM »

BTW
I'm serious.
WA9SVD

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2003, 12:02:34 AM »

Karl:

I don't doubt you.  But maybe you could use the "Band Plan" poster to cover up the dog poster!  You wouldn't want to desecrate such a wall... LOL!!!  Good luck.  You can probably request (beg?) the big three (YaeComWood) for one of their posters by mail.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: