Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Humming problem with HC-10 clock  (Read 462 times)
OH1HAQ

Ignore
« on: February 17, 2004, 07:39:59 PM »

Hi!

Anyone else having a humming problem with kenwood hc-10 clock? I have just bought one used. It runs fine, but  clock is humming when plugged in. That is a low humming noise heard at the bottom of the clock. If I listen in a quiet room, I can hear the humming. I take this isn't normal?

The voltage of the clock is set to 220v, I wonder if I should set it to 240v, as voltage in Finland is 230v?

73's de Hannu, OH1HAQ
N3BIF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 02:05:31 PM »

For what it is worth, I would have to say most clocks especially those running off household current,generate noise to some degree. In an otherwise silent room this can be annoying. I would lubricate the "works" as this is most likely mechanical. I would also put some felt where the clock rests against the wall usually at the bottom sometimes the vibration to the wall increses the sound like a sound box in a stringed instrument making it louder than need be.
GI3KDR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 03:29:24 PM »

I had one of these and it hummed just like yours!Like the other comment I found that a piece of felt helped.John GI3KDR.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: