Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha & Zulu book  (Read 439 times)
WU7X

Ignore
« on: April 23, 2004, 12:15:52 AM »

Here is a question a bit out of the ordinary.  I have a like new "Riding the Airwaves with Alpha & Zulu" book.  I bought it in November, 1993, stamped the edges with my name and old callsign, then put it away.  I had purchased it to help get my kids involved with radio, but they never showed any interest.  At any rate, the book showed up in a storage box I was going through last week.  The binding isn't even wrinkled!

I have been told some people want this book for their ham libraries.  anyone have an idea of what it is worth?  I don't do the eBay thing, so wouldn't know how to put it up for auction there.  It cost $14.95 plus S&H back in '93....

73 & DX,

de Dale WU7X
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 01:40:01 PM »

I'd donate it to the local public library (speak with the librarian first to make sure they will really index it and put it on the shelf) and get one "feel good" out of it.

That's where all my old ham radio-related books go....

WB2WIK/6
W3HF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 03:42:34 PM »

Some people seem to think that certain copies are valuable. I don't know about the 1993 edition, but check out what two sellers want for the 1998 and 2000 editions:

http://half.ebay.com/search/search.jsp?nthTime=1&product=all&keyword=alfa+zulu&x=8&y=7

(Note that this should all be on one line.)

eBay hasn't had a listing on this for a while.

Steve
W3HF
N3BIF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 03:28:03 PM »

How mercenary !   Donate it !   You forgot you even had it..............
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 10:06:47 PM »

I would sell it on a ham site.  This way you know that the person really wants it. Just a few months ago there was some one asking here on eham if anyone had a copy they could get.

If you donate it to the library, there is no guarantee that they won't toss it in a few years if it does not circulate well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: