Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mic cable Needed  (Read 414 times)
KG4VPJ

Ignore
« on: June 10, 2004, 09:26:09 AM »

I have an ICOM 28H radio, which is still going strong. The problem is the mic connector on the mic cable is broken and the cable is brittle.
The mic is an ICOM HM-16.

I do not live in a large metropolitan area and just trying to locate a new cable and connector is proving to be very frustrating.

Can anyone help with mic suggestions and or where I can purchase the needed parts or mic.

Thanks and 73,
Craig McKerlie
KG4VPJ
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 11:43:41 AM »

You might still be able to find connectors at Radio Shack.  I don't know if you can find a suitable cable there or not but I doubt it.

Your best bet is to surf the internet and mail order parts or a mic.  Start with the advertisers on this and other ham radio sites.
N3BIF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 01:02:49 PM »

Does the set up still work ?   If so i would take a hot glue gun and inject the connector with the glue , while it was still hot i wiould take a section of outer cable insulation (rg58 may be a good sze, whatever fits )slice it along its length and place this aroung the hot glue to add reinforcement and stress releif.   It may  not be pretty but you still be on the air

"Nothing is more permanent than something temporary  that works "    --  author unknown to me
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 11:08:14 PM »

hi craig,

Buck has what you need...

http://www.packetradio.com/audio%20connectors.htm

73 james
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: