Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Hams do Judo or Jiu-jitsu here?  (Read 415 times)
DROLLTROLL

Ignore
« on: July 09, 2004, 02:37:55 PM »

I know Judo, Jiu-jitsu, Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Kung Fu and about 8 other oriental words, does that count?:-)
N6HBJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 09:50:26 PM »

Hello all,
I recently made a Ham radio website and made a subsite called "martial arts." If there are any Hams here who do Judo or Jiu-jitsu (any style) and you have a web page, give me your URL and I might add you as a link.
 http://www.geocities.com/michaelarsanis@sbcglobal.net

73 Mike N6HBJ
KE4SKY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 02:24:32 PM »

And just what does this have to do with amateur radio?
N6HBJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 10:48:01 PM »

Uhh....KE4SKY, I have a Ham radio website which has links to other Ham's personal pages. Since ham radio is a brotherhood I thought it would be neat to include sites from Hams who also share another brotherhood which is martial arts. Why do you ask, is there a problem?

I notice that on every single post that you reply to, you have to mention the fact that you're involved in RACES or EmCom even though the original poster's question has nothing to do with emergency communications. Not only that, you sign all your posts with "Virginia RACES State Training Officer." I guess you feel the need to brag about yourself to others because you want to be important.

What are you going to do next, pull out your Ham radio RACES wanna be cop badge on me and arrest me since you don't seem to think my post is amateur related? If you think my post is not proper just move on to the next one you dork.

BTW, I'm a PROFESSIONAL EMERGENCY WORKER - not a wanna be like you. Have a nice day jerk.

N6HBJ

N6HBJ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 11:15:33 PM »

Just FYI anyone. I'm the original thread starter not DROLLTRLL. Somehow eHam put his response to my posting ahead of me. Some  kind of glitch I guess.

BTW, KE4SKY is still a wannabe. =)
K8AG

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2004, 05:03:40 PM »

Hi Mike,

I too am a ham and a martial artist.  I have been a ham for around 30 years and a martial artist for probably 10.  I started my kids (now 14-20 years of age) with an art called Cha Yun Do (The Natural Art).  It has been a great way to start communications and keep the lines open with the kids.  Unlike baseball, soccer etc. we would take the kids and stay and practice it as well.  Doing an activity with the kids builds credability as a grownup.

Cha Yun Do a non-traditional art based in Christianity but, unlike some of the so-called Christian martial arts, very practical.  The creator of the style, and one of my best friends is ranked as black belt+ in a variety of arts and was a cop for 30 years.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that there are a few of us out there.

John Pawlicki, K8AG
N6HBJ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2004, 11:32:51 PM »

OK John, thanks for writing!
73! Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: