Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KC0REY - deal gone bad  (Read 1905 times)
KE3GK

Ignore
« on: October 21, 2004, 12:30:39 PM »

It's always sad to have to report another bad deal with a fellow ham.

This time it is with KC0REY .

He bid on an antenna of mine on ebay and won it.  My instructions were for the winner to pay via paypal within 2 days or by money order within 10 days
and to acknowledge my invoice to them within 2 days via email.

After the third day I had to re-invoice him and I received this email from him on Oct 7 "Yeah Tom, I guess I have been a bonehead concerning this. My apologies to you. I'll get this taken care of tomorrow after I get off work. 73, Steve"

No problem ... Again after not receiving his check after 8 days, I emailed him on Oct 15th and again reminded him of the payment due. The same day I received an email from him stating "I sent it Tom, I’ll dig out the receipt tomorrow and check the date on it because I can’t remember. Steve"

That struck me as kind of funny that he could not "remember" when he mailed the check. Red flags started waving.

On Oct 18th, he still had not provided me with a supposed receipt date.  I emailed him again and explained that when he bid on something on ebay that it was a contract of sorts and that ebay charges me a percentage of the winning dollar amount. He didn't
respond.

At the time he placed and won the bid, he had only 1 other feedback - a positive one.

By Oct 15, he had received his second feedback - this time it was a negative one for being a non-paying bidder. (Had I seen this before he won the bid, I would have cancelled his bid immediately).

On Oct 19th, I emailed him again to inform him that if I didn't receive his check by the 21st of October (which it hadn't), that I would be selling the item to the second highest bidder and that if I received his check after that date, that I would
return it. A check from Illinois to Maryland should only take 3-4 days and it was supposed to be mailed before the 15th. No response again (Yet I see him posting on QRZ).

It would have been better accepted if he had told me that he didn't want the antenna right off the git-go instead of lying and then leading me on.

What kind of person is this ?  Well I know that he has had other dealings on QRZ and they have seemed to go well, but as for me - he is banned from bidding on my items on ebay in the future and I would suggest that you have second thoughts when dealing
with him. Maybe he thinks that it is fun and OK to do this on ebay because it will not be reported on QRZ, QTH and/or Eham ... Guess again.

I'm not out that much money but what really bothers me is that one ham would treat another ham this way.
W1JIM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 07:55:00 PM »

Well, put me in the same boat.  KC0REY said that he would send out the check soon, then oops, he forgot it'll go out ASAP.  Still no check, and scant hopes.  It isn't the money, that's minor; it's the dishonesty.  Way over 99% of my dealings on ebay have been hassle free (I have a feedback of 665), it's that little minority that pisses me off.
W1JIM
Jim Blumenfeld
KD0JCW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 10:26:40 PM »

This call is issued to someone else now but this guy Steve is now KA9MOT he owes me a ton of money from when he ran a CB shop in Ill. he burned me of $800 & a Cobra 2000 cb for a trade on a new radio that never hppend his new call is KA9MOT he lives in Macomb IL. now he burned a lot of people if you Goggle his name Steve Hays Sr. You will see I have been looking for him to take him to court for a long time I he owes me with intetrest $69,000 I took him to court in 93 but soon after he moved so it took this long I found him just by looking at my friends log book on QRZ knew he was a ham in Monuth IL. not to long ago with this call but it showed he was cancled now I find out he's a Genral and his new call is KA9MOT He Is bad new from years ago still is I see. He even had a pic. he looks older but it is him. HAMs watch out for this guy GoGGle him to see why.
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 04:53:25 AM »

It's always sad to have to report another bad deal with a fellow ham.

This time it is with KC0REY .

He bid on an antenna of mine on ebay and won it.  My instructions were for the winner to pay via paypal within 2 days or by money order within 10 days
and to acknowledge my invoice to them within 2 days via email.

After the third day I had to re-invoice him and I received this email from him on Oct 7 "Yeah Tom, I guess I have been a bonehead concerning this. My apologies to you. I'll get this taken care of tomorrow after I get off work. 73, Steve"

No problem ... Again after not receiving his check after 8 days, I emailed him on Oct 15th and again reminded him of the payment due. The same day I received an email from him stating "I sent it Tom, I’ll dig out the receipt tomorrow and check the date on it because I can’t remember. Steve"

That struck me as kind of funny that he could not "remember" when he mailed the check. Red flags started waving.

On Oct 18th, he still had not provided me with a supposed receipt date.  I emailed him again and explained that when he bid on something on ebay that it was a contract of sorts and that ebay charges me a percentage of the winning dollar amount. He didn't
respond.

At the time he placed and won the bid, he had only 1 other feedback - a positive one.

By Oct 15, he had received his second feedback - this time it was a negative one for being a non-paying bidder. (Had I seen this before he won the bid, I would have cancelled his bid immediately).

On Oct 19th, I emailed him again to inform him that if I didn't receive his check by the 21st of October (which it hadn't), that I would be selling the item to the second highest bidder and that if I received his check after that date, that I would
return it. A check from Illinois to Maryland should only take 3-4 days and it was supposed to be mailed before the 15th. No response again (Yet I see him posting on QRZ).

It would have been better accepted if he had told me that he didn't want the antenna right off the git-go instead of lying and then leading me on.

What kind of person is this ?  Well I know that he has had other dealings on QRZ and they have seemed to go well, but as for me - he is banned from bidding on my items on ebay in the future and I would suggest that you have second thoughts when dealing
with him. Maybe he thinks that it is fun and OK to do this on ebay because it will not be reported on QRZ, QTH and/or Eham ... Guess again.

I'm not out that much money but what really bothers me is that one ham would treat another ham this way.

Since you cannot give negative feedback, I leave positive feedback like this: "***Negative!***  Non-paying bidder!" This way others see it.

I do not wait 8 days. I will file a non-paying bidder complaint after the minimum 4 days. Then they have 4 days to pay of they get hit with a strike. After a couple, he gets suspended.

Most people do not follow up with this, and then he does not get suspended.
N8WWM

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 12:06:42 PM »

This guy is a ham in the same sense that Arnold Ziffel is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: