Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu FT 857D DTMF microphone problem  (Read 1480 times)
KG4RSH

Ignore
« on: March 20, 2005, 05:24:02 PM »

Can someone assist by telling me how to fix this problem. I was using the DTMF microphone on the rig, (Yaesu ft857D) and then switched to a regular microphone. The radio being menu driven, I changed the related menu from RMT to NOR as outlined in the operating manual, but when I was ready to use the DTMF microphone again and after switching back to RMT in the menu, I could not get the microphone to work properly. The only functional button is the power button. I did a micro processor reset but that never changed anything as it relates to the microphone. What could be the problem and how can I get it solved. I anticipate a response.

73's
KB2CPW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 12:10:39 PM »

You have to switch to remote mic in the menu prior to putting the mic on the radio.. Try that and then email me back.. I am pretty sure thats your problem.. Richy N2ZD
KD1AK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 06:38:49 AM »

Could you tell me.....are you using the dtmf mic that they sell for the ft857 or are you using one from another radio? I have a dtmf mic from a ft2500 but don't want to try it until someone tells me they have had luck with it. I hear that the control heads are real sensitive to getting blown with erroneous connections.
Thanks & 73,
Tony - KD1AK
KD1AK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 09:37:12 AM »

FYI......I took the plunge. I tried my FT2500 mic and it works fine. Better than having to buy another mic.
73 All!
Tony - KD1AK
KG4RSH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 08:54:50 AM »

I am using the DTMF mic that is sold for the 857 by Yaesu.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: