About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT-897  (Read 346 times)
N9LTW

Ignore
« on: January 23, 2006, 01:28:42 PM »

I am thinking of buying a FT-897 and I hear a lot of talk about the display being off center or something. If there is anyone with any info on this, please inform me on it.
Thanks, Louie N9LTW
N0FPE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 12:52:32 PM »

Yes the display is off center to the radio! Havent you looked at a picture of the radio? It is kinda confusing for the newbie but it works just fine. I have had my 897 for 5 years now and the off center display hasent caused me any problems. Just different.

Dan/NØFPE
KA3RFE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 12:51:18 PM »

Well, if the talk relates only to the position of the display's location on the radio's front panel, yes. It is not centered. But that creates no problem for me when I operate my 897 and I never even considered to to be an issue. I feel i5s an easy radio to operate and I enjoy using it.

K4YHQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 04:41:01 PM »

Just a word on the 897: the display is fine off-center where it is, plus you get the benefit of having it any color you want -- just about. I'm very happy with my 897 even thouigh it sits right beside an ICOM 756 Pro III.  The 756 has all the bells and wistles, and its better on SSB, but the 897 with the Collins filter takes the crown for CW.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: