About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Ham  (Read 439 times)
KC0WXG

Ignore
« on: July 16, 2006, 12:53:17 PM »

New ham wishing to get acquainted with other hams.
My name is Ahmit and I’m new to amateur radio and I would like to make some friends.

A little about me
I've been interested in radio wave technology for a long time. I first got started in CB radio and then I found out about ham radio. I studied for the tech test and passed.  A man at church (KBOANV) that happened to be the deacon had directed my to the president of the Aksarben Amateur Radio Club (KE0XQ), who also attends our church. KE0XQ has been a good friend to me for a while now and has helped me put together a station. . In the future, I want to get my extra license so I can operate the HF bands and DX. DXing sounds fun so it won’t be long before I get my extra ticket. I also want to experiment with radio wave propagation and to get my signal out as far as possible. What really brought me into the hobby was homebrewing. I've always been interested in building things. There are multiple antennas that I've constructed and put into use with a scanner. I’ve put together workshop with all sorts of tools so I can repair, construct and inspect my equipment. I really want to know how to build and repair more things and learn more about how circuit components work.
AB2MH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 01:02:59 PM »

Welcome to the hobby.

Looks like you're making a lot of the right steps.  Getting involved with local clubs and looking to upgrade your license are good things to do.

Don't wait too long to upgrade though.  The real fun is on HF.  VHF/UHF is more useful for exotic forms of communications and chatting with local folks. It quickly gets boring.  

If you can encourage a friend or two that helps.  To me the best part of the hobby is sharing it with others.

73 Ryan AB2MH.
AB2MH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 01:02:59 PM »

Welcome to the hobby.

Looks like you're making a lot of the right steps.  Getting involved with local clubs and looking to upgrade your license are good things to do.

Don't wait too long to upgrade though.  The real fun is on HF.  VHF/UHF is more useful for exotic forms of communications and chatting with local folks. It quickly gets boring.  

If you can encourage a friend or two that helps.  To me the best part of the hobby is sharing it with others.

73 Ryan AB2MH.
KC0SHZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 01:24:19 PM »

We will need to get you involved with the Heartland Homebrewer and QRP club.  They are a fun bunch who build a lot.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: