Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh, man, what funny QSOs we're having on 3840  (Read 3725 times)
NN3W

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2006, 08:02:18 AM »

There is subjective enforcement and subjective interpretation of the rules by the Commission, and it has been upheld by the courts.  Known as administrative deference.

A perfect example is the Commission's ban on lewd or otherwise obscene communications or broadcasts.  See, e.g., Federal Communications Commission v. Pacifica Foundation.

CBS found that out very recently - although it is appealing.  
REGNAR

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 02:53:03 PM »

3840 still going strong with all the games,noise-makers,cussing,jamming,and all the other fun stuff,makes for some pretty amusing listening,sorta like channel 19 cb  Grin
K3WEC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 04:19:56 PM »

Is Art Bell still active on ham radio?  Where does he live now...in the desert or in Manila?   

I'd love to tune in and say hi to the guy.... I used to be highly, highly entertained by his show  Cheesy

VE7DCW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 08:44:06 PM »

3840 still going strong with all the games,noise-makers,cussing,jamming,and all the other fun stuff,makes for some pretty amusing listening,sorta like channel 19 cb  Grin

..... or maybe the silly antics of the jamming crew on 14.313 :-)

This begs the question .....why would anyone dredge up an almost 6 year old thread authored by noted troublemaker Bill Crowell W6WBJ ??   Huh

Oh well .....carry on
K7CB

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 08:02:56 AM »

OK, Martin, it's like this.  Remember when Tom Cruise appeared on the "Today" show on NBC, and acted so freakin' weird by jumping over couches repeatedly to "profess his love" for his wife

It was on Oprah...not the Today show.
AD1DX

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 11:22:27 AM »

Is Art Bell still active on ham radio?  Where does he live now...in the desert or in Manila?   

I'd love to tune in and say hi to the guy.... I used to be highly, highly entertained by his show  Cheesy

Art is retired and lives in Manila.He used to occasionally still do his show on weekends but I have not heard him for a few years now.I loved his show.His replacement-George Noory-doesn't quite cut it for me.
Ceasar
WB4LCN

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2012, 04:50:31 PM »

See what happens when you eliminate the code requirement, good buddy? lol Wink

First, make it work, then make it pretty.
Yaesu Rigs: Kenwood TS-480HX, FT-8900R, FTM-350AR (Bluetooth motorcycle mobile), VX-8DR, SB-102 boat anchor (built one as a kid)

Moderate Spock: "Live for a reasonable amount of time and scrape by."
VE7DQ

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 07:26:01 PM »

Unfortunately, some of the worst offenders were around long before the code requirement was dropped. 

It's disheartening.   Sad

Fortunately, there's a large knob on the front of most radios that controls the issue... and CW, of course.   Cool
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: