Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MX - BNC adapter  (Read 983 times)
KI4HNN

Ignore
« on: December 20, 2006, 09:06:20 PM »

Hi all,
I know this is not related to Amateur radio but I have a question regarding 2 Murs HT's that I use from time to time.  I would like to set one ht up as a base station, but I don't have the adapter to hook up to a outside antenna.  Would anyone know where I can get a mx to bnc adapter? (or maybe homebrewing one?) The radios I have are 2 Motorola MV21CV models.  I am planning on adding this addition to my Amateur station that I already have up and running.  This way I can communicate with my family who does not have there Amateur license.  

73's and happy holidays!!

Joey
KI4HNN
KC0SHZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 11:26:25 AM »

I might try a local hamfest, or try one of the cable companies (there are several that market on Ebay and claim to be able to make custom cables, and there are several in QST that make the same claim.)

Making a jumper is probably going to be a more efficient use of your time than trying to find an adapter.
KB9CRY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 12:11:23 PM »

Try these guys:

http://pl-259.com/
KI4HNN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 02:15:49 PM »

Thanks for all the replys.  I did have a thought in my head and wanted to see what you guys thought.  If I take a bolt and screw into the antenna socket and drill a hole in the center just big enough for the center conductor of the pl259 to slip into and then ground the shell of the connector to the radio using a wire would this work ok?

Thanks,
Joey
N3EF

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 08:51:43 AM »

http://www.tessco.com/products/displayProductInfo.do?sku=42792&eventPage=1

Eric N3EF
KB9CRY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 09:48:55 PM »

Why not just buy the right adapter that you want from Tower Electronics, the URL I gave earlier?
KB1LKR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2006, 08:43:35 AM »

For an extensive assortment of RF, microwave and fiber optic connectors & adaptors also see:  http://www.pasternack.com/
KI4HNN

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 06:58:48 AM »

I think I will buy the adapters cheap as they are, I was just thinking that I might be able to homebrew something and make it work.  Thanks for the links I think I will go ahead and get a couple different kinds of adapters for my needs down the road.
Thanks,
Joey
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: