Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT101E with RF feedback on the transmit (not good)  (Read 1203 times)
2E0BSS

Ignore
« on: May 04, 2007, 02:33:41 PM »

My FT101E has developed a fault this being there is a slight amount of feed back on transmit ( I'm told it's RF feedback) I've earthed the thing,with a 3 foot steel rod welded to some household cable backed up by 20feet of copper wire embedded in the ground. The antenna is correctly installed and working amazingly for a halfsize G5RV right down to 1.970MhZ (SWR around 2.5-3 ish can't go any lower)

It has been suggested that the replacement pair of valves may not be exactly the same as the pair insitue I wouldn't know if this can cause RF Feedback

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated to cure this issue. FYI it has had a replacement mic cable as the original one fell to bits litterally.

Charlotte 2E0BSS
KE4VBG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 08:07:28 PM »

Could be the mic cable. The outer shield is not to be used for the ground of the audio. Connect the shield to the chassis ground on the connector. At least this is what I found on my Icom when I tried to connect a different mic to it.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: