Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammed by a Ham  (Read 403 times)
W7YBV

Ignore
« on: May 29, 2005, 09:55:43 AM »

Last June 2004 I answered an add by W4BPT who wanted to trade a used laptop computer for a radio. I e-mailed him and we struck a deal for a Icom 2-at I had. I sent him the radio (Insured) and he wrote back he received the radio and the computer was on it's way, Well, two weeks later I e-mailed him as I had not received the radio. He stated he had Got the wrong zip and would resend. He has written me many e-mails with many excuses. Once he even claimed to be a Georgia State Police officer. I realize I,ll never see my radio again. I do have all the e-mailes printed out and saved for evidence if ever needed.
I hope this helps prevent someone else being scammed by this lowdown thief.
73,    Gene,      w7ybv
N5KBP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 07:04:33 PM »

Gene, I wish I had seen this before I attempted a trade with this liar and thief. He got me for a radio shack HTX-200 last month. Same MO as your experience. Some how this worthless waste of biomass has 2 calls. KE4GPZ and W4PBT. FWIW I've got a good phone number and address on him.

Billy P. Taylor Sr.
2701 Fairlane Av. Lot 56
Dunbar WV. 25064

304-766-7831

Marty
N5KBP

N5KBP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 10:08:02 PM »

Billy P. Taylor finally shipped the tuner he had promised to ship multiple times. It got here 05/12.
Marty
N5KBP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: