Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1B1AB  (Read 2013 times)
1B1AB

Ignore
« on: June 13, 2007, 01:20:38 PM »

Dear sirs
My country may not be internationally recognised, but according to the rules of the country I am living in, I am still a proper Radio ham who has passed all the necessary exams and tests so my ability and rights to become a ham is not less than anyone else on this world.I am not a pirate as some people say. If you want to check the genuinity of my licence you may get in touch with the ANTRAK (TA Radio Amateurs' Association) or the "TGM" Telsiz Genel Mudurlugu" Ankara - Turkey, this is the goverment body which is equivalent of OFFCOMM of UK.

According to the Universal Human Rights every person has got the right to communicate freely. Even when someone is arrested will be given chance to phone to his lawyer or his/her family.

some people who are trying to breach the well known rule of ham spirit no politics should be involved in ham radio. Being a Turkish Cypriot was not my choice, no one has given me any choice to select a citizenship. I just happened to be born here in TRNC (Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus) and I am proud of being a citizen of it. Enjoying this hobby should be my natural right as well as anyperson living on Earth. The 1B prefix has even been included in the DXCC directory book of the RSGB with the explanation that is not internationally recognised and being used by the North part of Cyprus. Best regards

73’s de 1B1AB

Soyer H. Ecesoy
KE6JIG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 02:03:21 PM »

If as you say, you are a "proper radio ham" then why are you so defensive?
N7NBB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 07:17:02 AM »

Has someone told you you are NOT an Amateur Radio Operator ? Your callsign is listed in QRZ.com so regardless of your nationality, you must be "officially" recognized as licensed.  Has someone questioned your callsign as NOT being "real"?  If so it is THEIR ignorance, and not your problem. Politics, religion, race, or nationality should NOT be topics of contention on the air, when there are so many other things to discuss. I hope you have many years of enjoyment from this wonderful hobby.
Cam
1B1AB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 01:32:45 PM »

Hello  N7NBB  ve  KE6JIG
You  are  absolutely  right  no Politics, religion  or  nationality  should  involve  in to  our  wonderful hobby. Enjoying  this  hobby  should  be  my  natural  right  as  well  as  any person  living  on  Earth. Unfortunately  just  because  I  am a Turkish  Cypriot  some  people  think  I  have  no  right  for  communication  on  the  air, for  example  please  look  at   email  I  receive  from   SV2BNL  also  proudly  poblish by  CARS   5B4MS  on  they website  one  part  write  “Of course is your right to communicate with any anyone you want - at cafeterias, but not on radio frequencies from the northern part of Cyprus under Turkish occupation without having legal license of the only one legal authority the Republic of Cyprus.”  You  can  also  look  at  dx  cluster  spot  search,  or  google  1b1ab  search  plus  I  am  not  welcome  to  hamcall.net.  This  is  why  I  feel  like  explain  myself  that  I  also  have  right    
to  heve  a  hobby  regardless  being  a  Turkish  Cypriot. EQSL  EHAM  QRZ.com  is an  independant foundations  and  not  effected  from  any  political  pressures  but  reflecting  only  the  truths. Thang  God  for  that.  
Very  best  73’s  de  1B1AB
N3OX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 07:04:50 PM »

KE6JIG and N7NBB, do a search on 1B1AA or 1B1AC on qrz.com and you will see why 1B1AB is concerned...

Dan
http://www.n3ox.net

Monkey/silicon cyborg, beeping at rocks since 1995.
KE6JIG

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 02:58:16 PM »

>> KE6JIG and N7NBB, do a search on 1B1AA or 1B1AC on qrz.com and you will see why 1B1AB is concerned... <<

Point well taken.  He sits between two call signs that aren't valid.  I now see why he feels the way he does.

Paul
KE6JIG
1B1AB

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 04:24:29 PM »

Hello. Not unusual they also suffer from attack  on to they data on qrz like I have time to time now 1B1AC data is ok, she is back on, how it was. I can not reach 1B1AA to informd him about his data, unfortunately. This things happening to as just to show as illegal.
73's de 1b1ab soyer      
HA6SST

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 01:28:58 PM »

I am not concerned that you are in the Turkish part of Cyprus and if I hear your callsign on air we might even have a QSO. I will also talk to Serbs, Croatians, Greeks, Russians, Palestinians, Israelis, Chinese, Taiwanese and anybody else who can put out a signal.

Political and religious arguments have no place in ham radio. On CW nobody can hear your accent or see the color of your skin.

HA6SST
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: