Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of WA9SUE  (Read 585 times)
W0LC

Ignore
« on: March 03, 2005, 08:08:10 AM »

Purchased a transmitter from Cliff Peterson, WA9SUE and what I received was beat up beyond belief, didn't work and required over $100 in labor repair alone not to mention parts, correcting defective circuits, etc.  Numerous e-mails asking for partial refunds have gone unanswered, tried calling (and have since lost the phone number) without answer.  Don't do business with this guy if you don't want to end up with a door stop.
WA5UHK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 02:18:51 PM »

Did you buy from him on eBay??
W7DJM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 04:11:31 PM »

Found his phone number here:

http://www.3900club.com/mycustompage0017.htm

WA9SUE - Cliff: 2 way antenna switches, would like to have two. Call 608-625-4527

and in fact I just talked to him.   I think you'd better think a little before you post this kind of stuff.   At this point no one knows whether you are truthful,  whether the damage was due to shipping, whether he or his family had an emergency, what.

It doesn't sound to me like you've done a hell of a lot to work this out.  There are other methods more reliable than email, and "lost his phone number"  is just pretty damn handy.

You've posted no documentation or links or anything else that uphold your end of the story.

YEPSURE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 10:07:18 AM »

I too have had some deals where I received an item I purchased, only to find it was not what it was suppsoed to be (beat up, broken, etc). When the person you got the item from doesn't return your email's it's a natural conclusion they are avoiding you. It's certainly happened plenty of times to me, and in my experience I've found most of the time the individual in question was avoiding me rather than the reverse!

It's a major pain to be in this situation, but hopefully now that you have been provided the person's phone number you will be able to resolve the situation. But now that you have made the original post it would be a good idea to provide a follow-up with your results for all our sake, not to mention the seller in question.

Good luck!
CHARLESPG

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 03:08:25 PM »

I got a response to a  want add  for a HF amp

I placed in qth from this guy

has anyone else had problems with this guy

if so I would like to know

Charles

KI4VMD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print