Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 29.66 Repeater in the Virgin Islands question  (Read 999 times)
WB6SUB

Ignore
« on: December 14, 2007, 11:25:47 PM »

Since I brought it up what ever happened to that great repeater in the Virgin Islands that was on 29.66 that had the tone on it like the airline chime when you call the flight attendent??
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 01:58:00 PM »

I think it's still on.  Might not be able to hear it because of where we are in the cycle now.
KU4UV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 02:45:46 AM »

My brother and I are both hams, and we used to work that repeater all the time back in the mid and late 90's, right after we got our licenses and 10 meters was open to almost any spot in the world on a daily basis. I haven't heard that repeater on the air in years. My brother says it was taken out of operation some time ago by one of the hurricanes that hit down there, and just never put back into service. I don't know if this is correct or not, but it's been years since I have heard the repeater.  I forgot what the callsign of that particular repeater was. 10-10 International may be able to help you with an answer. The W1OJ repeater near Boston is a good repeater that is still on the air. There is also a good repeater down near Dallas that you can hear whenever 10 is open. I use an old Uniden scanner and just set it to scan 28.600, 28.620, and 28.660 to check for openings on 10. I hope this helps.

Mike KU4UV
KU4UV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 02:45:49 AM »

My brother and I are both hams, and we used to work that repeater all the time back in the mid and late 90's, right after we got our licenses and 10 meters was open to almost any spot in the world on a daily basis. I haven't heard that repeater on the air in years. My brother says it was taken out of operation some time ago by one of the hurricanes that hit down there, and just never put back into service. I don't know if this is correct or not, but it's been years since I have heard the repeater.  I forgot what the callsign of that particular repeater was. 10-10 International may be able to help you with an answer. The W1OJ repeater near Boston is a good repeater that is still on the air. There is also a good repeater down near Dallas that you can hear whenever 10 is open. I use an old Uniden scanner and just set it to scan 28.600, 28.620, and 28.660 to check for openings on 10. I hope this helps.

Mike KU4UV
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 09:32:53 AM »

http://www.atthehelm.com/repeaters.htm

The last paragraph on this site should give you your answer.  I am not so sure how true it is, so I e-mailed the site creator to verify.....Stay Tuned....

Vince P
KA3NRX

WB6SUB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 06:10:06 PM »

Thank you all for the info!!!!
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 04:41:31 AM »

Don't get too excited.  I e-mailed that site's creator and he responded by saying that the 29.68 machine is off the air, too. I suggest you post this thread on the eham dx forum, and hopefully someone else might know the status of these machines up there.

Vince P
KA3NRX

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: