Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Merry Christmas Fellow Operators!  (Read 676 times)
SPITFIRETN

Ignore
« on: December 24, 2007, 10:02:08 AM »

Just wanting to wish everyone here a very merry Christmas.  73's

~ 1326 Tennessee Mobile.
SPITFIRETN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 09:50:14 AM »

This was ment as a cheerfull Holiday greeting, not a degrad the other guy post because he is not an operator in some people's eyes.

I am not a freebander, I am a radio operator.  Freebanders operate on frequencies that are not allocated to them.  I use frequencies that are allocated to me.  Just because I don't have my ticket, doesn't mean I don't know how to operate a radio.  I know the rules, I operate legally, and I enjoy the hobby and respect it and all other that do the same, not just those with an amateur license.

I hope Santa brings you the gift of respecting others no matter who they are!

~ 1326 Tennessee Mobile.
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 10:50:29 AM »

Merry Christmas Tenessee.  Many of us started out on radio on 11 meters.  Get yourself that ham ticket and a whole new world of radio will be open to you.
W5CPT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 02:17:03 PM »

If you are in fact one of the few folks that operate on the CB bands only and use equipment that was built to be operated there using only the power authorized, you are a rare one in deed.

Most of your bretheren have scoffed at the laws and use unauthorized equipment at unauthorized power levels and generally conduct them selves in a manner that does not make them welcome anywhere, let alone here.  

So if you can count yourself in the group described in the first paragraph, I for one welcome you here, Ham ticket or not. If you however can not in good concience include your self in that group, I join with most of the readers here and invite you to leave.

Clint - W5CPT
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 09:49:38 PM »

W5CPT generalizes, stereotypes and otherwise shows the signs of prejudice.  

Maybe had a hard time of it with a CBer, don't know and don't care.  

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!

KE3WD
KB9CRY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 06:36:20 AM »

Merry Christmas to you to GT.

Sri about the other posts but.....this is a forum for amateur radio operators and understand that you're not one of them.  Yes please to feel free to browse around and yes we both are radio operators but virtually all here the licensed, amateur radio types.

Some need to be more tactful and many have poor experiences with the unlicensed types and those feelings come through.  No reflection on you though.
W5CPT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 06:08:36 PM »

KE3WD said

"W5CPT generalizes, stereotypes and otherwise shows the signs of prejudice.

Maybe had a hard time of it with a CBer, don't know and don't care."

Generalizes : yes I do. But I did not accuse the gentleman of any of the conduct about which I was writing.

Stereotypes : Nope, I did not say ALL CBers behave that way. I even offered an invitation without judgement if he was not one of the majority of CBers.

Prejudice: Biased yes, prejudgiced no.

If I missed the mark it was in giving the guy the benefit of the doubt.  See the next thread to find out what kind of "operator" this guy is. He wants to be included with Hams who generally follow the rules while he runs an amplifier in his mobile.  If my bias was showing I guess it has proven by the Tennassee CBer, and countless others of his type.

Clint - W5CPT and when they requied licenses for 11M KKD-3444

ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 07:05:44 PM »

I had quite a few friends who were KKDs!  I think the KKDs were issued around 1963 or '64.
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 07:42:35 PM »

<< while he runs an amplifier in his mobile.>>

Which, according to his photos on a CB'er DXing web site, is driven by a President HR2510, which is a 25w, 10m amateur radio and not a CB radio.

I'm not prejudiced against CBers, I held KBK1193 back in the 70's. I'm prejudiced against seemingly dishonest people.

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: