Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUDE HAMS  (Read 2308 times)
KD0AFK

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2007, 09:41:58 PM »

W3LK,
Yes I am a truck driver. A truck driver is a professional driver that drives a truck. A "trucker" is a Mullet wearing white trash piece of redneck garbage that doesn't care about anyone but themselves. I think you get the picture. And yes, I do happen to have a chip on my shoulder and a VERY bad attitude. Changing professions won't help unless it is taking on a job to control other peoples lives and ruining them the way every authority figure I have worked for has controlled and ruined mine. I am a hard worker but because due to my luck I manage to always work for someone who feels that their control over another human in the only way they can validate themselves.
My life wasn't supposed to turn out in any way close to the way mine has.
KD0AFK

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2007, 11:13:15 PM »

W8LGZ, That is the funniest thing I have heard all week. Thanks, it really brightened my day.
Seriously though, there is always a bigger dog and there is always someone who holds power over someone else and uses it. Unfortunately I am always the one they use it on.
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2007, 12:45:31 AM »

The best solution is to get the most powerful mobile linear available.  Crank it up to the max, and whenever you pass someone else with an antenna, just blast 'em!  Guaranteed you'll find a lot of people who will go out of their way to talk to you!
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2007, 12:05:38 PM »

<<  And yes, I do happen to have a chip on my shoulder and a VERY bad attitude. >>

There is so much I could say about your statements, but I won't. All I will say is life doesn't always work out the way we want it to. In those cases, you either adapt and make the best of it or become an bitter, antagonistic person. I have my own opinion as to which path you have taken.

I'm sorry you have such a miserable life.

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2007, 09:56:56 PM »

"So I was out in the FCC monitoring truck the other day and get this, this idiot starts waving a mic at me and then gets the wildest case of road rage... "

"You think that's somethin', I was on patrol in the unmarked comm vehicle, same thing happened."  

"They softened up on the ham license testing, dontcha know..."

"Nah, this guy was some CB trucker."

!

N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2007, 05:31:05 AM »

At first this was kind of sad and pathetic, but now it is kind of scary when I think about someone with that much pent up rage, hate and anger driving a truck at 70+ mph down the interstate carrying up to 80,000 lbs of freight... especially when I cross mile marker 148 on I-70 in Missouri at least once a month.

Scott N0IU
WW5AA

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2007, 08:16:19 AM »

Yup, my QYL drives my car at times (no ticket). Screwdriver, dual band, 6 meter and GPS antenna. She doesn't wave at truck drivers or anyone else that she doesn't know when on the road alone.

73, de Lindy
WW5AA

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2007, 08:22:00 AM »

make that XYL.....

73, de Lindy
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2007, 10:50:26 AM »

I was going to ask you what a QYL was. Smiley

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
W0FM

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2007, 01:47:10 PM »

Years ago when we'd spot another ham with apparent 2M capabilities in his vehicle, we would hold up 5 fingers, then 2.  If the other ham wanted to, he would dial up .52 simplex and we'd chat.

One time I signaled FIVE-TWO to another mobile amateur (we both had call sign license plates) and received a single digit in return (and you know which one).  About a month later I got a note from him.  He apologized for his action and went on to tell me that he had been in route to Kansas to identify the body of his brother.  We kept in touch for a number of years.

Rude?  Ya just never know.

73 and Happy New Year.

Terry, WØFM
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2007, 07:20:33 PM »

Remember the movie awhile back with Dennis Weaver, where the trucker in a big black tanker truck chases Weaver in his Plymouth Valliant all over the road and tries to kill him?  Very scary.
KG6WLS

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2007, 12:59:49 PM »

<<I was going to ask you what a QYL was. Smiley>>

Quick Young Lady Cheesy

73 de KG6WLS

KJ4AGA

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2008, 06:22:31 PM »

I've found so far that most hams are very friendly, but I have asked a question or two and gotten a very rude response.  I've only been a ham since Oct 31 and both of the questions I asked I had researched and still hadn't found an answer.  Depends on mood I guess.

KJ4AGA
Brian
KG2V

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2008, 10:58:10 AM »

More than 1/2 the time you won't get an answer from me - the rig is off, the faceplate is in the glovebox, and I'm just NOT going to get digging
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2008, 03:43:34 PM »

KJ4AGA:

<<  but I have asked a question or two and gotten a very rude response. >>

With all due respect, sir, I have just finished reading every post you have made on eHam and the ONLY question you have asked that received anything even remotely approaching a rude response was to your posting about the guy with the 2m rig treating it like a Citizens Band Radio.

Even those posts were not rude, simply pointing out that your supposition that the guy was somehow on 11m and coming through your 2m rig was an impossibility.

True, some responses you have received have been humorous, but that is not rude.

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: