Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Garage sale and flea market finds  (Read 690 times)
K9FON

Ignore
« on: November 10, 2008, 05:03:51 PM »

I knw of a few hams that have found some really decent finds at garage sales and flea markets. One club member here found a Kenwood ts 820S with a matching speaker and MC 50 desk mike for $25.00. The seller sold it listed as a CB radio.
In my hometowen a few years ago, an old timer went SK who had a 50' tower, tribander and a 2 and 6 meter beam. His kids had a yard sale and sold the tower tribander and the 2 and 6 meter beams for ONLY 45.00!!!! The radio gear was long gone by the time of the yardsale. He was an avid Ten Tec collector.
Anyone else have any finding to share?    
KB9JXZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 06:22:23 PM »

My neighboor who is a ham got a Kenwood TS-140 while on a move, the people had it on top of the trash bin, no mic. or power cord but the radio works perfect.
 I have received a yeasu FT-101E for free from some people who had a relative pass away years ago and found another "one of those goofy radios" and wanted it to go to a good home. I actually like it better than my Yaesu 757.
 I have also have received many different radios and receivers when I was young from many elmers that I would pester as I rode around on my bike as a kid (kind of like stalking, the antenna farm would give them away, either way I owe my career in radio to those old guys.)

73's
 Michael J Froehlich

I thought it was a good idea to talk my neighboor into getting his ham ticket until we both tried to operate on the same band but not the same frequency. Smiley
W7IBI

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 12:52:06 PM »

A few years ago there was an estate sale at the home of a SK near me in No. Va, and the basement was full of bins, shelves and boxes of bits and pieces of many years of hamming. People were taking 5 gallon pails of stuff out....tubes, switches, connectors, coils of coax, etc. I got a few things: new PL259's, 200 ft. coax on a big wood spool, a brand new thrust bearing for my tower, THE DX EDGE with complete set of slides, and some handy antenna books for $5. The folks holding the sale knew all about pots, pans, and dishes but that was it.
Out in the side yard mounted on a section of 10" pipe was a  fold over 50' crank-up antenna with motor all wired in for $25. Sadly I could not use it, already having a tower, and as I drove by from time to time it was still there. No takers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: