Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R/C Airplane Nets??  (Read 873 times)
WB4IUY

Ignore
« on: February 03, 2009, 07:50:38 PM »

Do any of you know of HF nets or amateur radio forums on the topic of R/C Aircraft?

Dave WB4IUY
W0FM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 12:02:01 PM »

Hi Dave,

Been flying R/C since 1969 and, although I know a lot of hams that enjoy the R/C hobby as well (Del, K1UHF of Westmountain Radio is an avid RC'er), I have not heard an actual R/C Airplane net.

Good idea though.  Maybe we could swap AMA numbers?  Shocked)

Terry, WØFM

N8TCZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 04:35:58 PM »

I did a little 'google' search but didn't find anything other than one QRP site which appeared to be in startup.  Like W0FM, Ive been an AMA contest director/leader member for over 40 years (83919).
Just getting back into amateur radio.  As was noted, there are lots of Hams that are into RC but the two hobbies just don't seem to connect well.  You would think they would because of the interest in radio.  I built my first RC radio from a kit back in the 60's just after proportional kicked in.  I built a Royal Single Stick transmitter and receiver.  The receiver was a cube about 1 1/4" square (4 channels).  Had to wind my own coils which wasn't really legal since you had have a 2nd class license to build the RF section.  Took it to a friend at the phone company and we put it in the copper screened cage and checked it out on a scope and it was in prefect alignment.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 07:22:24 PM »

hi Dave,

sounds like a new forum for eham !

73 james
WB4IUY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 05:05:59 AM »

Yeah, there are a lot of hams into the hobby. I know N4VWK, KD4PBS, KD4BSP, KG4D, WN4Z, and KB4PM are RC'rs...I'm sure many more I know are as well. Several fly on 6m, and many have build some of the old kit stuff when it was available.

Marshall Sanderson and Clyde Long recently converted their old Kraft gear (5C & a 7C) to 2.4 ghz spread spectrum, quite a novelty at the field!

Dave WB4IUY
WA8WAA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 08:33:42 AM »

Go to www.rcuniverse.com   There are lots of discusion boards on that site covering all venues of r/c model aviation. I've flown RC airplanes since the 1950's, longer than I have had my ham licence (1966)
WA2ROC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 04:53:33 AM »

I've been flying R/C for 25 years and have been a licensed ham for almost 50 years.

I monitor RCUniverse regularly and also hang out on 3885 AM with my Apache and Mohawk.

Dick Pettit WA2ROC
Associate Editor, RCREPORT.NET
Contributing Editor, RCUniverse

Dick Pettit
WA2ROC
Durham, NC

"All Vintage Heathkit,
All the Time"
WB4IUY

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 03:29:03 AM »

Hi Dick! Hope all is well, good to see you here on the forum. I'm re-tubing my Heath station now, should be back on AM shortly. Maybe I can catch yo on the air to check it out.

Dave WB4IUY
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: