Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 706MKIIG receive  (Read 463 times)
KI4EEB

Ignore
« on: February 22, 2009, 08:34:55 AM »

my HF receive after sunset has dropped to basically nothing since about 6 months ago. I thought it may have been conditions, but I hear local people on VHF talking about making HF contacts early in the morning and well in to the nite. The VHF on the radio works fine. But then again, I never was really impressed by the receive on the 706 when it was new.

I am using a 40 OCF dipole. I have tried another dipole I used to have up, but no change.

Is there any known problems with the receive going bad on these ? I've checked 706 forums with no luck.

Any ideas ?

thanks

KI4EEB
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 09:09:20 PM »

Maybe your receiver has lost sensitivity.  

First RF amp probs.  

Maybe.  

N4UE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 02:18:25 PM »

Hi. Here in North Florida just about sunset, bands like 20M and above take a serious dump.

Here's a simple tip...Program all the WWV frequencies into your radio and even CHU, if you want.
You will probably hear the 15 MHz WWV signal really loud until local 'grey line', then nothing. I noticed this while listening to the 'gents' on 14.275. One minute they are there and then......zip.
Ole Sol hasn't started making 'spots' like expected.
Still, after dark, look to the lower frequencies like 40 M and down to still be active. This may be the bands the other chaps are talking about.
I have a 706g and it it has a great receiver.
ron
N4UE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: