Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Bye to Ebay-Hams should boycott- CB Amplifier  (Read 1465 times)
OLLIEOXEN27

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 09:38:15 AM »

I was recently burned buying an item from a Yahoo Group member. Getting so you can't trust anybody anymore.
N3PRZ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 12:43:07 PM »

Bottomline:

Money Rules....and ebay likely knows the FCC could give a rats a$$ about ham radio operators and illegal amplifiers being sold.  
NO6L

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 11:35:02 PM »

I don't know if it's true, but I heard an estimation by some that swap meet attendance is up thanks to Ebay and their botched policies that favor crooked Power Sellers and buyers out to rip us off. Way to go Ebay, shoot yourselves in the foot regarding Amateur Radio.

Swapmeets are more fun anyway.

/end of line
WX7G

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 12:10:50 PM »

Illegal amp: victimless crime?

Is the case of a CBer running high power a victimless crime or not?

We can say that a person who has their electronic device interferred with is a victim.

If the person responsible for the interference is operating legally no crime has been committed.

If the person responsible for the interference is operating illegally a crime has been committed.

Has the crime been committed against the 'law' or against the person?

Is the person, whose electronic device is interferred with, a victim of a crime?
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2009, 05:44:06 PM »

You spelled it WRONG,it's FLEABAY where ALL of your JUNK is worth a FORTUNE!

W4KVW
W8AAZ

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2009, 07:50:20 PM »

Like I said, alot of the old CB amps are perfectly indistinct as to what they are, and some sellers are either being canny or are ignorant of what it is. I know the sellers are ignorant, because every so often I search "ham receiver" or "ham transmitter" and I see old tube public address amps being advertised as one or the other. Probably most of the old "linears" do not work worth a damn if you look at the condition of them. And if they use sweep tubes, good luck to Charlie CB for getting replacements easily. Or even getting it to function. That is probably why they are being sold. What bothers me more is the "CB" transceivers being sold that are actually non type accepted imports that cover all modes, from about 26 Mhz thru 10 meters inclusive. THey display freq and "channel". Now that is a threat to us, encouraging band invasion of 12 and 10 meters. I know FCC gets on those, a retailer truckstop in my area got busted for selling those.  I saw them in there for sale myself. Report those if you want to help hams out.  
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2009, 07:59:37 PM »

You can buy them online and at truck stops!  They are just like illegal drugs, since there is a market there will be suppliers.
K9FON

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2009, 05:11:40 PM »

There will always be a demand for this stuff. Trying to fight the problem is like getting into a fist fight with one arm. It's a losing battle that will never get any better no matter what the old fart hams do.. I myself could care less what is sold on Ebay. Besides I am NOT a KC cop or ham police. I keep to myself and worry about myself.
WX7G

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2009, 06:52:24 PM »

WB2FTX do you have any comments on the comments so far?
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: