Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CHEAP UHF Radios For GMRS/HAM  (Read 4022 times)
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 07:55:00 AM »

<< My vx-5r works great on gmrs, frs, murs as well as the ham bands.>>

And is totally illegal on GMRS, FRS and MURS.

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 07:57:02 AM »

EC158:

Considering many other posts that you have made, I doubt that operating legally is high on your list of priorities.

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
EC158

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 08:00:51 AM »

Lon writes: And is totally illegal on GMRS, FRS and MURS.

That would be true if I were transmitting...but then you already know that.
EC158

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 08:02:21 AM »

Lon writes: "EC158:

Considering many other posts that you have made, I doubt that operating legally is high on your list of priorities."

Yo are quick to judge, you don't even know me. You aren't very nice...
LOVEHANDLES

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 01:09:30 PM »

Who cares if anyone mods their handy talkie.  Don't be such a nerd.
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 02:02:46 PM »

<< Who cares if anyone mods their handy talkie. Don't be such a nerd.>>

Better a nerd than a scofflaw.

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

LOVEHANDLES

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2008, 05:33:11 PM »

You need to lighten up just a little.  People like you take the fun out of Amateur Radio.  Experience has shown that neo-conservative, red neck ideologues, like yourself, are always the first to "interpret" the law to meet your personal needs.  Not only that, they have ruined our country, so I would suggest that you stop preaching, because nobody is listening anymore.
EC158

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2009, 07:28:37 AM »

Lon:

No where in KB1OCC's does he say anything about transmitting. I think you added that on your own. And no where in my post does it say anything about transmiting. I think you are just trying to make trouble. Read the post and absorb its content BEFORE making any comments.

Happy New Year everyone!
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2009, 10:48:07 AM »

You two are so funny. Neither of you has the balls to sign your name or call sign (if either of you even have one) to your posts. I really don't care one little bit about your opinions.

The only bigger pile of BS about mods than "I never said anything about transmitting" is "I am only doing it for educational purposes."

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

KB1OCC

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2009, 12:11:19 PM »

"Peace on Earth; Good Will Towards Man?"  Not neccesarily here...

I am now sorry I even posted this question due to the extreme negativity it brought out between some of those who replied.

To those of you who kindly replied in a positive manner, I thank you.

I'm "Over And Out" Concerning This Topic!
EC158

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2009, 03:29:30 PM »

KB1OCC:

I'm very sorry my radio suggestion started such a raucous. I was just sharing my experience with that particular radio. I never expected anyone to lash out at me over it. Your post was a valid question, and got some good responses. Don't be discouraged from posting again.

Doc,
EC158

EC158

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2009, 03:29:30 PM »

KB1OCC:

I'm very sorry my radio suggestion started such a raucous. I was just sharing my experience with that particular radio. I never expected anyone to lash out at me over it. Your post was a valid question, and got some good responses. Don't be discouraged from posting again.

Doc,
EC158

EC158

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2009, 03:34:51 PM »

by W3LK on January 1, 2009  
You two are so funny. Neither of you has the balls to sign your name or call sign (if either of you even have one) to your posts. I really don't care one little bit about your opinions.

The only bigger pile of BS about mods than "I never said anything about transmitting" is "I am only doing it for educational purposes."  

Lon: You are a nasty person. And the language....
People like you ARE THE REASON I dont use my callsign.
If you knew my call then you would know my name and where I live and who knows WHAT you may do. People like YOU cannot be trusted. You're a Pantywaste.

WB6DGN

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2009, 03:50:52 PM »

There are a few radios around that are "field programmable" that are certified in the commercial services such as the Motorola JT1000  (though this is NOT a "cheap" radio).  I don't remember all of the details but something to the effect that it is field programmable ONLY after a "programming key" is used.  In the case of the JT1000, this is a dongle that is inserted on the external mic. jack while programming.  It could also be a switch or jumber INTERNAL to the radio which  is changed while programming, then returned to  normal for use.  I suspect that the Kenwood uses  one of these methods if it is truly certified for commercial/GMRS use.  As someone else mentioned,  check with the FCC field office, Kenwood,  or check out an online GMRS site.  You have virtually no restrictions for ham use of those radios so your limiting factor is GMRS.  You'll  probably find better information there.
Tom
VE7DQ

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2009, 05:39:07 PM »

"and the language" ??  

Really, Roscoe, your paranoia is showing.... as is your equipment lineup:

>>My favorite thing to do in ham radio is... Because?
Shoot DX

>>My equipment consists of...
Base - Cobra 142 GTL, Euro Expander 500 Mic, D&A Phantom Linear Amplifier, Moonraker IV Antenna..... Mobile - Magnum 257, Texas Star DX350, 5' Firestick

>>I am a member of the following ham radio clubs...
Echo Charlie Club

Echo Charlie Club? Delta Bravo Club? A quick search shows not a ham callsign anywhere there, 10-4!

Maybe it's time to update your bio so it doesn't show your obvious disdain for rules and regulations. It limits your credibility.

If you are a ham, why not be proud of it?

TaTa... I won't give you the courtesy of a '73' until I see some evidence that you are more ham than scofflaw CBer.

Tom
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: