Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you....  (Read 4578 times)
N5LRZ

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2009, 10:00:58 AM »

Re 7X...

As far as I can fathom the legal requirements of enforcement, the locality must first enact certain ordinances authorizing etc as a part of organization of the activity

I suspect however that IF the FCC wanted to they could levy maximum fines per infraction monitored and if the fines are NOT paid they would seized the persons house, vehicle, and other property along with seizure and destruction of all illegal equipment.  Garnishments of wages would also be an open possibility as well.

By utilizing the MAX fines the FCC would show the people granting their budgets that they are worthy of a little bit more money (more enforcement actions taken) and the local governments if given a nice chunk of the enforcement fines as independant agents could reap a nice financial reward.  

Politicians I find love money and spending it.  PERHAPS enough financial incentive on a guaranteed commission would get those politicians moving.

Well at any rate the inspection would not be overly difficult.  The FCC has an official list of banned radios for the CB Band making illegal radio detection quite easy most of the time--aka what is the name of that radio and is it on the banned list.  Illegal amps are quite easy to spot.  Even type accepted radios modified illegally would be easy to detect via a simple watt meter and dummy load.  EVEN EASIER would be if the only transmitter there was a ham radio (obviously both not type accepted and illegal power for the CB Band).  So inspection for the CB station should be a very simple affair.  

The hardest part of the training would be the official aka legal procedures in their proper order so that a case could not be thrown out of court or FCC Fine revoked due to improper evidence gathering methods.  Kind of like the way the Crime Scene investigative people have certain rules and procedures at a possible crime scene.

At any rate thanks for the comments
CHARLIEBAKER

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2009, 10:33:41 AM »

lol!!! it wold be funny to see HAMS runing around the town lookin for cbers doors to bust down! may be even put them in little clown cars with a flashing red lite on the roof! lol!! they be jaw jackin on there 1 watt walkys going QBQ! QBQ! QBQ! beep dee beep beep dee beep! CQ! CQ! lol!!!!! and when your runnin around we will just be on the chanel shootin skip like nothing is going on! lol!!! when i get my HAM im just going to get on my radio set and mine my own biusness and talk on the chanel and let you 1 watt walky boys run around with youre vest and walky and hard hat playin junior g man!! lol!!! whats a matter you try to get in the police acadmy and they turn you down?? lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CHARLIEBAKER

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2009, 10:37:59 AM »

hay NSLRZ my buddy jeff just read what you been sayin and want to know if youre name is dwite shroot?? i ask him how he no your name and he bust out laffing and smack me in the side a my head and walk away! lol!!! so i think that must be some kind a joke!!! thanks
N5LRZ

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2009, 05:46:30 AM »

Re Chuckie...

Name ... no

And the proposal was no joke as far as I was concerned.  

I would LOVE IT if local law enforcement would enact the CB Rules and Regs (for a piece of the monitary pie).

And I was completely serious about law enforcement and Amateur performing public service thru the function of performing the actual inspection and prepare the written report of said inspection.  Said report being forwarded to the District Attorney and the FCC for Legal Enforcement Action.

Seizure of obviouse illegal CB Equipment on the spot would of course be determined via any agreement between Local Law Enforcement and the FCC as a matter of evidence collection (much in the same what as law enforcement seizes personal property as evidence in criminal enforcement)

AND TOOOOOO as previously state, IF the cut of the local law enforcement as independant enforcement agents was sufficiently great the locals would come out net ahead/profit.  Preliminary PROOF of CB activity would be just listening to the CB Band near the station--the jargon of CB is completely different compared to acceptable jargon of Amateur (and their speaking shall give them away).

And it would not be too hard to denote an amateur station from a CB station.  Antenna types are for most part completely different.  And the FCC datebase search lets you type in the address to see if its an amateur station or not.  People using a PO box such as myself need only produce their amateur license as proof (it should be hanging on the wall or at hand in the station records for immediate access).  OF COURSE if they were heard on CB on illegal frequencies and all they had was a Ham Radio then BUSTED BUSTED BUSTED--AUTO GUILTY.

The fines by the way for a licensed amateur operating otuside of legal frequency is quite HIGH.  Fines can go up to 10 thousand dollars per violation.
CHARLIEBAKER

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2009, 03:33:39 PM »

lol!!! i gess you think HAMS and the police got nothin better to do then hunt down a cber that aint hurtin no body! lol! well i no the police got better things a do but the HAMS im not so sure! lol!!!! may be you are so bore with youre 1 watt walky and there is no parad going thru town you not for sure what to do with youre self! may be you need a hobbie! lol!!!! may be you can also get HAMS and the police to hunt down poeple whos grass is to long! lol! or may be HAMS and police can hunt for jay walkers! lol!!! may be if you just get on a real radio you forget about cbers and just have fun with youre radio! but i dout it! lol!!!! keep a shine on at bage boy! lol !!!!! dont taze me bro! lol!
N5LRZ

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2009, 07:39:20 AM »

RE Charles...

re re jaywalkers...

IF there is a local and legal law against crossing in the middle of a block then law enforcement should stop and site said people for violations.  

The Local Government could use the income ant the law is the law and as such should and ought to be enforced no matter how minor.

Legal codified law should always be superior to individual desires.
N5LRZ

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2009, 07:54:00 AM »

Re Charles...

But to the heart of your statement...

As CB people acquire a techie amateur license issued by the FCC they open themselves up to severe monitary punitive fines and pelalties.  

Lets see/for example: A techie licensed amateur uses his Amateur Radio to transmit on the CB Band say 5 times.   10 K (FCC Fines for licensed amateurs in violation of Amateur rules and regs can legally go as high as 10 thousand dollars per violation) times  5 illegal transmissions would be a fine potential of 50 thousand dollars.  OF WHICH should and ought to be collected completely without any humanity, sympathy or mercy using any and all methods (including seizures of property and garnishment of any and all wages).  

Now IF the city gets 5 thousand for that 50 thousand  bust and they bust just 10 people that would be 50 thousand for the city cut alone if all the busts averaged 50 thousand per.  NOT CHICKEN FEED.

The above is merely an example of how a mere few could be fined to provide much needed community funds.  It would not take many such busts to make the system pay for itself if the system were run efficiently.
CHARLIEBAKER

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2009, 04:00:14 PM »

wow that a lot a money! lol!! may be next time i here some bucket mouth key up with out ast for the brake i can call the police and we brake down the guys door and i get some a that money!!! lol!!!! or may be me and my buddy jeff we go bust the door down with out the police do we get to keep all the money?Huh lol!!!! i bet you call the police when some body play there music to loud or if there car is to loud when they drive down youre street! lol!!! must be a lot a fun to live on youre block and see the police all ways showin up evry day!! lol!!! hay may be i quit my job drivin that dang truck an just help the police bust down HAMS doors and cber doors!! lol!!!! probly make more money that a way! lol!!!! thanks
NA0AA

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2009, 04:50:53 PM »

NFW.

No
Freaking
Way.

Nope nope nope nope nope.

Not a cop, not a cop wanna-be.
N5LRZ

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2009, 12:31:39 PM »

How did you know that charles...

That in my small city there is a law that specificly prohibits loud music after a certain time of night if it comes from a personal residence.  AND there is a law that prohibits music or noise comming from a motor vehicle if it excedes a certain volume level.

And in pure fact the Police have issued tickets to drivers with their hyped up auto amps turned up too high resulting in a trafic ticket.

True absolute fact.

A practice which I most whole heartedly support and have absolutely no problem with.
N5LRZ

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2009, 12:39:58 PM »

Re WOU...

I take it that you do not feel comfortable with the position, please dont hold back Wink

But seriously, your reaction is not unusual in the slightest.  Take for example hmmm the City of New York.  How many million people/adults live there?  How many apply to be a police officer (getting shot at), firemen/women (turned into a crispy critter), or any other form of public service job that requires one to risk life and limb as a normal part of the job description.  

What %age of that total population is willing to take those risks as a job description?  Not one whole hell of a lot.  

SOME people will step up and volunteer to perform the service and actually look forward to the opportunity to serve, but most will not (primary reason,fear of getting involved).  Still as long as 'Enough' get involved that would be all that matters in the end game.

Thanks for your reply
CHARLIEBAKER

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2009, 08:31:39 PM »

lol! ha ha i thout you was the type a guy who wold call the police on his neibors lie evry day! lol!!! bet your a populer guy on your block!! lol!! i get the idear that if you wasnt a HAM you wold call the cops to complane about HAM antenas! lol!!!!!!!
CHARLIEBAKER

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2009, 08:37:27 PM »

my buddy jeff just read this and asts if you have ever called the cops on your self?? lol!!! lol!!!!
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: