Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: why do some HAMS poormouth cbers???  (Read 4704 times)
W7LV

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2009, 07:47:30 AM »

My 4WD club persists in using 27 mHz CB sets instead of FRS radios. One of the true Joys of my life is hearing the "Radio Guy" of the club explaining to another individual that the skip signals were, "...bouncing off those clouds in California..." and that's why the Lead rig couldn't hear Tail End Charlie, a mile back at the end of the string.

And yet, not a man jack of them will mount a proper quarter wave whip on his Jeep, believing that, "...them Wilson (or fill in the blank antenna make) antennas get out a lot better than them (fill in the blank with the make of antenna on YOUR rig) antennas."

Yeah, that 4 foot job will REALLY put out! I betcha truck drivers from Diego Garcia to Wolf Creek Pass can hear your p***ant radio.

Offer to trim an antenna (which rarely actually needs doing, but it is one of many irrational fetishes among these folks), pull out a Bird 43 from its leather case, along with one of the dozen or so slugs which reisde therein, a coaxial jumper appropriate for 10 meters, and they become apoplectic...they want the antenna done with a REAL Meter from Radio Shack or from the Truck Stop.

I always feel a little slimy bolting up my TenFourGoodBuddy $30 Special before a trip to the Great Open Spaces with these guys.

These are your Fellow 'Murricans. They Drive, they Vote and they Breed, unrestricted and without significant Training for these activities.

So, Ten-Roger, Good Buddy! All Them Good Numbers!!! I heard there was a DIS-tress call on 19, and I gotta Tripodulate the Location with my MoonRaker!
KD4LLA

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2009, 09:01:32 PM »

I just want to see this topic at the top of the list.

Mike
KE7UCW

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2009, 03:58:40 PM »

You guys just gave me the greatest laugh today!

I own a ham radio and a cb radio. In fact I own several of each. Doesn't mean I know more or less for either type of radio. Just a different hobby to play with.
But hey, I did get a laugh out of this for sure. Thanks.
N9ZAS

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2009, 11:22:27 PM »

Charlie I've read most of your posts and I just have to ask,ARE you really this uneducated or are you just pulling our leg here? You can't possibly be stupid enough to post the crap that you have,right? OR are you?
Do you suffer from some disorder,if so then I can empathize with you. Otherwise,STOP trying to fire people up here and just get a life,ok?
IF you are lacking a true understanding of what's posted here then just STOP posting for everyone's sake and your dignity!
n9zas
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: