The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Antenna for my 1984 Ford F-150/camper?  (Read 1486 times)
WA7PRC

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 06:32:11 PM »

Looks more like a dual band 2m/440 antenna to me, which is useful with an 857d. Maybe add a 10m antenna on the other side? Or a small screwdriver if you want multi-hf-bands while mobile (not as useful for a technician)?
It's a Pulse/Larsen NMO- [27/30/34] B-TLM, missing the ball at the tip. I sold and installed hundreds in the 1980s.

Well if he is thinking about bands other than 10M mobile, I'm not sure where a TECH would transmit, other than 10M...Of course he can advance, but I can't see putting those kind of bucks out, on an unsure amateur radio future...
Techs have HF privileges on 80, 40 and 15m as well (Morse only). Mobile CW is a blast!

Realistically, on the road, something with a SS whip will be the best choice. Anything else tends to be destroyed when it strikes stuff on the road.

Bryan WA7PRC

What in the name of all common sense would a TECH know about code Huh
Obliviously, it depends on the individual. As strange as it may seem to you, there may be some who actually like and use Morse. Speaking for myself, as a Novice, I found it to be fun. After upgrading, I again found it FUN to operate Morse while mobile... DXing and contesting included. Now, back to CQ WW WPX CW.  Smiley

vy 73 es gl,
Bryan WA7PRC
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Today at 05:12:01 AM »

Well he'll get 3 months of use being as the Sporadic E season is on

Most of time it will be dead quiet and grave yard quiet at night on 10.

--------------------------------------
You can embrace new computing technology and change with it or cling to past and fall further behind everyday....
G8YMW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Today at 06:16:27 AM »

Ten will be dead quiet at night anyway, even in an above average sunspot maximum (not like this mediocre one). That is the nature of the band.

73 de Tony
Windows 10:  Making mild people profane since 2015
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: