Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Build your own  (Read 899 times)
KF4ZGZ

Ignore
« on: December 17, 2000, 09:08:34 AM »

Hello, everyone! Has anyone built their own mobile hf antenna? If so, tell us about it and please make your info available. Building antennas is what got me into ham radio and I've built a bunch of vhf/uhf/hf base and a few mobile vhf antennas. Now, it's time to shoot fer the hf mobile...thanks fer the help!
Matt, kf4zgz
KF2TZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2000, 07:43:59 PM »

Hello, I built a dual band verticle for 10 - 12 meters. I took a 4 foot hamstick cut about 2 feet of wire out of it, and attatched a 3 foot telescopic antenna section on the end. Now just adjust it for 10 and 12 meters. Worked good and still have it. Greg.
W5AX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2000, 10:30:19 AM »

Check out the April, 2000 issue of QST. There is an article titled "A $20 HF Mobile Antenna".
KA2QFX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2001, 01:17:28 PM »

I built a 20,40,75m mobile for my Jeep Cherokee about 8 years ago. It's held up very well and performs remarkably well. I'm usually 10 over on 75m with 100 Watts. For more complete details please see my web site.
www.bridgeport.edu/~msedutto  I'll be glad to answer any questions any home brewers may have.
N3GWZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2001, 07:59:25 PM »

I built the "$20 HF Mobile Antenna" found in the April, 2000 issue of QST and love it.  I mounted it on the back of my pickup truck.  I ran a piece of angle-galvanized steel from under the bumper and it sticks out the back about 4 inches.  The $20 antenna consists of about 4' of PVC pipe, 2 coils, and a 4' stinger.  Worked Europe, South Am., and US after a month of use with my SGC SG-2020 at 20 watts.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: