Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: High Sierra motorized antennas  (Read 674 times)
WU3U

Ignore
« on: July 10, 2001, 04:18:00 AM »

Has anyone used the High Sierra motorized HF antenna?
I am considering purchasing one and would appreciate any comments, experiences, or advice on mounting it on my new Toyota Tacoma pick up truck.

73 to all!

Tim
N8LXR
morsenut@aol.com
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2001, 11:37:27 AM »

Yes, and it works very well.  Follow the provided instructions with regards to mounting and grounding, and you'll be pleased with the results.

Since this is a large, heavy antenna it does require a strong mounting system; with a pickup, that shouldn't be an issue, especially if you have a trailer hitch!

73 de Steve WB2WIK/6
K9EID

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2001, 08:26:28 PM »

Tim:  Have been operating mobile since 1957 when I had a Harvey Wells TBS50D in a 1957 Ford Ranchero. Have had many different antennas with the Hustler staying the longest - UNTIL  Jim Heath sent me his  High Sierra.  WOW!  There is nothing like it.  It is built well.  Looks good and works like a champ - everywhere, including six meters.  I was amazed at that.  Remove the whip and using just  the coil,  outperforms any 6M hip I have ever  had.  17 meters is just a gas as is 40, 20, 15, 10 - just move the coil up into it's respecitve position by watching the SWR meter on the IC 706 and you are in business.   I don't use it on 75 and there may be better things for that low frequency band but I a rarely on the air at night so don't miss it.  This works so good, I am about ready to install a beautiful  white powder coated HS 1500 that Jim built special for my 1956 Thunderbird and the KWM-1!    Yep, vintage mobile but I wouldn't think of anything other than the High Sierra.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: