Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: dual bander that fits 3/8 x 24 stud mount  (Read 1552 times)
KB1HAG

Ignore
« on: July 30, 2001, 10:41:54 AM »

I have an existing 3/8 x 24 stud mount on the back of my truck.  Is there a good dual bander that will fit this mount or an adapter to allow NMO or similar mount ?
KE4SKY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2001, 03:28:05 PM »

I have used the www.hamstick.com economy dual-band whip on a 3" mag mount with fine results.  I keep this one at work when I want to monitor amateur radio in the County vehicle which is not so-equipped.  The antenna is the 18" cellular look-alike with the "pigtail squiggle." It is only unity gain, but VERY broad banded.  VSWR is 1.5:1 or less across the entire 2 meter band, and 2:1 or less across the entire 440 amateur band.  It is also entirely "useable" at 2:1 or less on the high-band VHF business band and VHF marine band as well as the 450-470 Mhz. business and public safety bands and GMRS.  As a one-size fits all spare mobile antenna for your "Go Kit", it's pretty hard to beat.  

KE4SKY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2001, 03:30:12 PM »

Forgot to mention that the hamstick economy dual-band whip is 3/8-24 thread and the whip only is about $7. If you already have a 3/8-24 mount no adapter is needed.  They also make a radial kit and mast clamp for it if you want a tiny dual-band base antenna which is easy to hide from the neighborhood antenna Nazis.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: