Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu FT-90R Mobile Scan Search  (Read 390 times)
KE4TQH

Ignore
« on: December 08, 2001, 06:59:24 PM »

I just purchased this new radio.It is a new micro 2mtr/70cm mobile unit.I have been pleased with it so far,but I have one problem.You can program  two memory searches pmsL which is the lowest freg. and pmsU the upper freq.The manual says once you are in the memory mode on one of these feq. you THEN push the main control button which will start the scan feature.When doing this nothing happens.I have only had the radio two days and just tried this today.Is the manual wrong??.Or maybe I am not doing something right.Thanks for any replies.I did'nt want to call Yaesu until I was sure that I was doing everything correctly.This is my first post on the web site.
VK3

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2001, 08:13:39 PM »

Hi David,

This isn't a reply to your message, sorry, but I too am considering purchasing an FT-90R.  I was wondering if that little rig can handle 50w for long periods.  Have heard that too much heat can cause the squelch/reciever to cut in and out.  Thanks, would appreciate any comments, as I really like the look of this little rig.

73's Dan
KE4TQH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2001, 12:17:30 AM »

The unit has a cooling fan.You can set it in prog. function to operate,1.All the time 2.When tx only 3.When radio reaches a certain temp.I beleive it will be a good little unit.
F4JOC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2002, 09:18:33 AM »

Hi !   I bought a few weeks ago a FT90-R, and I'm experiencing the same problem of squelch... One usually set it at around 10 o'clock, just over the "normal" QRN... after 2 or 3 minutes of QSO, (at full power), the squelch doesn't stays open until you turn the knob at 2 to 3 o'clock !!!
Apart from that, I have set about 40 QRG into the memory, but recently, one of them, a RELAY frequency, refuses to keep the split to enter the relay !!! Even when I set it again with the "minus 7.6 Mhz" split, it keeps it as long as the transceiver is turned on, but when I turn it off, the b... thing forgets again the split !!! ...and this problem occurs ONLY on ONE frequency !?!?! How come Huh
Never mind, I like the FT90, because of it's size, but my next transceiver will surelly not be a Yeasu !!!
73's de F4JOC / Jean-Pierre
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: