Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Routing Power Cables in Honda Accords  (Read 447 times)
WB9NXY

Ignore
« on: July 25, 2002, 12:17:01 PM »

I have an '86 Accord in which I would like to mount VHF/UHF Motorola radios. I've searched the firewall for an opening through which to route power cables directly to the battery, but I haven't found anything. Can anyone help me locate holes in the firewall/route the cables. My preference is to connect straight to the battery (using standard Motorola in-line fuses) and not to connect to the Honda fuse block.

Thanks
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2002, 01:04:33 PM »

My wife's Acura is very similar to your Honda. I routed the wires through an existing blank grommet just behind the heater core. It is a little difficult to get to as there is only about 1/2" to spare. The grommet is hard to see from the engine compartment as it is hidden by the wiring harness.

Alan, KØBG

WB9NXY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2002, 09:07:27 PM »

Hi Alan,

Thank you for the suggestion. I looked at the Accord over the weekend and, sure enough, there is a large (approx. 2.5cm) hole and grommet in the firewall as you indicated. I popped out the plug and noticed that the hole was backed by what appeared to be a layer of insulation on the inside of the car. I'll try routing wires this weekend.

Thanks again,

Mike, WB9NXY
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: