Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: '92 Dakota mounting?????  (Read 311 times)
KG4QER

Ignore
« on: December 11, 2001, 02:58:38 PM »

Ive got a '92 Dakota that has , as far as I can see, room for only 1 radio under the dash. Problem is I have 3 radios. Ideas?
N8EMR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2001, 05:26:06 AM »

What radio's do you have or need? Do any of them have a detachable head? Are they all amatuer or do you have work any commerical gear in? Do you need full access to the control head on every radio for everyday use?
KG4QER

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2001, 12:45:13 PM »

I have a Radio Shack 10 meter its the smallest, a Kenwood 7625 and an 11 meter CB Uniden I think anyway its an older model, a big un.
I was looking today and came up with;
The Kenwood is a little different, you mount a bracket. Then you add on with screws another "bottom" bracket or carriage, then the radio sits in the carriage and has latches that secure it.
Im thinking Ill mount the Kenwood first, then on its bottom bracket Ill mount the Radio Shack 10 meter, do a piggyback deal. But that leaves me without the CB. I tow a popup camper a good bit and the CB comes in handy.
Im thinking above the dash mounting with velcro superglued on. Ill drive this truck until its last day so resell isnt a question.
KD5PBM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2002, 11:00:27 AM »

I used to have a '92 Dakota. One important question is manual or automatic transmission?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: