Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT 100 in 99' Dakota  (Read 419 times)
KB2DNL

Ignore
« on: June 06, 2003, 06:57:29 AM »

Hi Hams,
     Has anyone installed a FT100 in a 99'Dakota w/5 speed??(without the seperation cable). No place that I can see to mount it, Any ideas? Does any one have a schematic of the seperation cable?
   Thanks
   73's
  Don   KB2DNL
KR4JA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2003, 12:47:47 PM »

I ran several different radios in my '97 DAK, including a TS130s, FT100, and IC706. I would just strap them to the front of the cup holder mount using a couple of rubber straps/cables. A better solution is to get the remote cables and mount the face-plate on a PDA/cell phone cup-holder mount.

http://www.mobileplanet.com/product.asp?cat%5Fname=&cat%5Fid=&dept%5Fid=1099&pf%5Fid=MP950723&listing=1

73, Dave
Norcross, GA
KB2DNL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2003, 03:17:11 PM »

Dave,
   Thanks for the input but w/the 5 speed that won't work and I guess you are right the cable will proubly
be the way to do it. I was in Ga the week of the 19th
in columbus.
Thanks again
Don  KB2DNL
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2003, 09:12:03 AM »

The one thing you want to keep in mind is safety. Using velcro, bungie cords, and the like as an anchor IS NOT a safe alternative. The use of a cellphone mount is fine if it is just the head, but most of these after-market units are not stout enough for even the smallest of HF rigs.

Alan, KØBG

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: