Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What DX contacts have you made using your mobile t  (Read 951 times)
WK0F

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2003, 10:18:36 PM »

I used a Kenwood TS-520 mbile in the car while commuting to work every day (45 minutes).  I had the Hustler resonators for 10, 15, 20 and 40 meters and the fold over mast.  I enjoyed ssb, but really enjoyed operating cw while mobile.  The stretch of highway was never very busy, so I could concentrate on copying CW in my head.  I strapped a MFJ keyer (with a single paddle built in) to my leg.  It worked great.  One morning on a commute to work, I worked P29 on 20 meter SSB.  It turns out this guy was a missionary over there.  Ironically, a year later he moved back to the states, and believe it or not, just down the block.  Thats pretty wild considering my little town in Iowa with just a handful of hams.  
I had a blast working mobile, and although I don't have the logs handy, I would venture to guess I had to be close to DXCC.
Although I no longer commute, I recently purchased an ICOM 718 for mobile/portable use.  I'm hoping to rekindle those exciting years of mobiling.
GM7CXM

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2003, 12:59:25 PM »

272 countries worked, all on SSB, in the last 3 years. Worked 118 countries on 10 in this years CQWW. Over 200 of the total worked on 100w, the rest with 400, with monoband helical whips. More than in 12 years from the base station!
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: