Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mobile Mounts  (Read 570 times)
W0MU

Ignore
« on: February 08, 2004, 12:59:29 PM »

I have a FT-897 that I would like to mount in my F150 truck.  I have looked at the Ram mounts online but they really don't tell you enough to know which mounts might work.  Are there other similar mounts in the market?  I would like to be able to mount it in the center hump and would prefer to have some flexibility in where the radio will be positioned.  I travel from Colorado to Montana frequently.  I also like to contest.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
W0MU
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2004, 03:18:16 PM »

This is a good place to start.

http://www.gamberjohnson.com

They're a little pricy, but they're also recognized as the best of the best. Virtually every police department in the US has some of their products.

I used one of their gooseneck mounts for several years and it never game me any problems.

Alan, KØBG

W0MU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2004, 05:27:31 PM »

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the heads up!

Also thanks for the insightful articles.  My F150 is noisy!  I will be ordering some cores tomorrow!

You probably don't remember me but we met while you worked at CW Electronics.  I was probably 18 at the time.  I purchased the 897 and the ATAS antenna.  It worked pretty well in the sprint contest last night except for not having 80 meters.

Any other hints and suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike
W0MU
KD5VHZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 12:22:55 AM »

Bought and installed a RAM mount in my 04 Dodge pickup and really like it.  Easy to mount and adjust.

Doug KD5VHZ
WD4SGB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2004, 04:59:34 PM »

A good sorce for the Ram mounts is a good marine store.  You may also have to modifiy some of them for your needs.  I find that this mounts work very nice in my car, I am able to adjust the radio to many different possitions.  To use the mount I had to use 3 screws, that no-one will see.

Karl WD4SGB
K3ASF

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2004, 08:04:29 AM »

I have a 2000 Dodge Ram Sport with almost nowhere to mount anything. Someone suggested Panavise which is what I wound up getting. Model 951-06 is a 45 degree swivel mount. Mounting this to the hump I have almost unlimited flexability. www.panavise.com...they're abt 40 bucks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: