Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu Hypermemory  (Read 732 times)
KB1WM

Ignore
« on: May 04, 2004, 05:31:27 PM »

OK, call me an idiot, but I have a new Yaesu FT-8800 with Hypermemories, but I can't for the life of me figure out what I can use them for.

Can someone give me a few practical examples of hypermemory usage?
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 06:09:43 PM »

In simple terms, the Hyper memories store a set of complete operating parameters. Things like splits, power, mode, and the way the other memories work.

Personally, I'm with you; they are of little benefit to the average user. It seems, these days, the manufacturers are trying everything they can to "out option" their respective competition's models without really providing the "stuff" we really want. Maybe they should ask us.

Alan, KØBG

N2IK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 12:08:32 AM »

This is how I use my hypermemories in my FT8900. I check into two local traffic nets. Each net has a main and an alternate frequency. I set up Hyper 1 for the first net with the main freq in the main band and the alt in the sub-band, with everything set the way I need it for that net, including turning on S-meter squelch for the one freq I sometimes need it. In hyper 2 I do same thing for the other band. In hyper 3 I set up the way I like it for scanning in my home locale. In hyper 4 I set up my two favorite simplex freq. In hyper 5 I use my crossband repeat setup and hyper six if for whatever else may com up.

In my TMV7A I use PM 1 for same as hyper 1(VHF/VHF) and 2 above except that the settings include the blue on white display mode I prefer. PM 3 is for scanning two bands at once. that works for me. You might want to have two sets of presets for different operators preferences.

73 de N2IK
N7NBB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 09:27:58 AM »

Another option is MULTI-OPERATOR presets.  If you like the rig "one way" and a frequent alternate operator likes it a different way.....
the alternate op could be SPOUSE, Son, Daughter, etc etc., or just someone who uses your radio and "changes things all around".... This way, you can "put things back the way they were" easily.

CAM
KD4KNR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 11:26:13 PM »

I want to set my 8800 hypers like this using the programing software
hyper 1 brings up memory bank 1 on left vfo and bank 2 on right.
hyper 2 brings up bank 1 left and bank 3 right
etc,,,

thanks in advance for advice
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: