Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with Kenwood TM-732a  (Read 386 times)
N6GFS

Ignore
« on: July 08, 2004, 12:20:07 AM »

hi guys and gals.

i just bought a nice used TM-732a.

i am just using the 2 meter side at the moment.

I have a good match to the antenna, under 1.5:1 and the power output on high is about 35 watts.

However, when I watch the built in meter on the Kenwood when transmitting, it does not fluctuate to show any modulation..
Does anyone know if it would usually fluctuate as you were talking into the microphone ?

I am just trying to see if it is modulating since I cannot make contact with anyone.
I can hear 2 local repeaters, but I cannot seem to hit them.  I have tried negative and positive shift and simplex.

thanks,
kevin rea
kevinrea@adelphia.net
K6REA
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 09:46:15 AM »

Typically, the meters in 2 Meter FM radios do not show any "modulation" like a AM CB set or SSB radios do. This is because the carrier isn't what's carrying the information. It's the change in frequency hence "Frequency Modulation".

If you can't bring up the local repeaters, assuming the antenna is okay and you have enought signal strength, it's probably because you're using an incorrect sub-audible tone.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: