Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mobile Installation Question  (Read 385 times)
KC0OSH

Ignore
« on: August 14, 2004, 10:22:48 PM »

I am relatively new to Ham Radio and am trying to install my IC-V8000 in my 2004 Hyundai Elantra and was wondering whether anyone here has any experience installing the power cable in this car.  I have looked and do not see an easy way to get through the firewall to connect the power to the battery.  Any suggestions would be great!  

In my old car (Ford Aspire) I just drilled a hole when I got to this point but would like to avoid that if possible since my car is new.

Thanks
David Clark
K7VO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 12:16:40 AM »

I have a slightly older (2001) Hyundai Elantra.  I don't think they've changed much.  Assuming they are the same...

On the passenger side lift the carpet.  You'll find a little rubber plug in the firewall.  If you remove it you will find that behind it is a hole that goes through two of the three layers of your firewall.  The third layer does require drilling, but this is a safe and relatively easy place to feed a wire through.

Oh, and no, there is no easier way in an Elantra.

Caity
K7VO
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: