Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sports car mobile antannae mount suggestions?  (Read 328 times)
KC6WTA

Ignore
« on: November 05, 2004, 12:42:19 AM »

I have a Hyundai Tiburon and I want to mount a 2m/70cm antannae on it. Problem is, its got a sunroof so no roof mount.

I was wondering, does anyone know of a way to mount an antannae in the STOCK FM broadcast antannae location? Can I cut the radio antannae coax, mount a BNC on it and then cut the FM receive antannae to 2 meters and transmit 5-50 watts?

Any ideas would be helpful...
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 05:57:50 AM »

Can I cut the radio antannae coax, mount a BNC on it and then cut the FM receive antannae to 2 meters and transmit 5-50 watts?
-------------------------------------------------
Yes but I'd make the original coax as short as possible (inches) because it is not 50 ohms. You will probably have to splice it to the RG58 or whatever you use because the original coax will likely not fit a BNC connector. Most of it has a fine, loosly fitting center conductor loosly floating inside a plastic tube.

Sti-Co makes some antennas that will fit the mounting hole and continue to work with the AM/FM radio as well as the VHF radio.

http://www.covert-systems.com/fleet/sti_co_fleet.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: