Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1991 nissan maxima Wiring to the battery  (Read 511 times)
KC7WSU

Ignore
« on: December 15, 2004, 08:11:30 AM »

I cant seem to find a way to go direct to the battery from inside the car.  I dont see any holes or anything.  has anybody gone right to the battery in this vehicle.  if so could you shed some light?

Regards,

Chris
KC7WSU
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 08:28:43 AM »

As Mark, K5LXP, reported here just last week, the easiest way is to dimple the sheet metal from inside the car with a good sized punch. then look on the opposite side to make sure the way is clear, and then drill a hole. A 1/2" hole will allow a grommet with a 3/8" hole to fit tightly.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

N4OKG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 05:30:14 PM »

If you don't already have the problem solved or have reservations about drilling holes, try this:
  On my 1990 Stanza I routed the power from the battery along the left (driver's)side of the engine compartment and into an existing hole in the splash shield.  The hole is a bit below the master brake cylinder and serves as a route for existing wiring. There are two layers of sheet metal and you must pass the wire through both, where it emerges in an area inside the fender cavity and is visible by looking past the door (open door of course)into the fender area.  Looking between the door and front quarter panel an existing hole, complete with rubber grommet, is visible.  The interior kick panel must be removed as well as the grommet.  I could not get the grommet back in place, so I protected the wiring with a double layer of heat shrink tubing and a bit of coax seal in the area of the hole in the kick panel.  Although we are dealing with different models and years there should be a similar route on the Maxima.

73, Al N4OKG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: