Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sailboat antenna  (Read 485 times)
VE7LKS

Ignore
« on: April 23, 2005, 10:21:12 PM »

Greetings,
I have a Yaesu FT847 and a AT 100 Pro tuner. I am currently using an insulated backstay on the sailboat.  It tunes up on 20M but is not doing so well on 40 and 80 meters.  I am thinking of constructing a separate antenna that can be hoisted and used for the other bands.  Does anyone have experience or a good design for my needs.  I have 50 feet of vertical elevation to play with and would like to know what has worked for others?  A Dipole or inverted V or a long wire or what?  Any help or ideas would be appreciated.  The boat is fiberglass with an encapsulated iron keel.  I presently have installed about 100 square feet of copper for a ground plane.
Thanks,73
Steve
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 06:22:31 AM »

I have installed an Icom 706 and an AH-4 installed on a 45 foot cat for a good friend of mine. I used the starboard mainstay for the antenna. The stay itself is just over 60 feet, and the AH-4 will tune it from the top of 160 through 6 meters. The AT100 doesn't have the range for this type of operation.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: