Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Noise on HF  (Read 327 times)
W8PH

Ignore
« on: November 29, 2005, 12:50:01 PM »

Hello everyone,
I am running a Kenwood TS-50S and a Little Tarheel antenna in a 2005 Mazda 6.
The antenna is mount on the trunk with a K400 mount and grounded to the body with 1/2" braided wire.

My problem is on some freq not all i get a steady tone similiar to what you hear when someone is tuning up on the frequency. I beleieve i have narrowed it down to the transmission because it starts when i am in 1,2,4 gears but is absent in 3rd gear.

Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated, the freq were this exists is freq i like to talk on.

Thanks and 73's
Brian W8PH
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 04:02:31 PM »

You can check my web site, and look under Noise ID. I suspect it is ignition noise, but it also could be injectors.

Grounding the mount isn't going to help much to improve the lack of ground plane. The only way to fix that is to permanently mount the antenna which requires holes.

Questions are, have you bonding anything on the vehicle? Have you used any beads? How is the radio wired? Is it remoted? there's a few more, but after you look around the web site you'll understand.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: