Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HI Q TAD 4/160  (Read 391 times)
VK4SX

Ignore
« on: May 07, 2006, 03:56:13 PM »

Hi fellas, I would like to talk to a user of the HI Q TAD 4/160 type antenna if possible, I cannot find any end user reviews ,
well and good speaking to the Manufacturer, but always nice to speak to a User.

Thank you

Dennis vk4sx
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 07:07:39 PM »

One of the reasons you don't see reviews is that Charlie doesn't sell very many; his main thrust is his Military and mobile lines.

All of the HiQ antennas are very well made, and unique for a remotely (or manually) tuned antenna. That is to say, they don't change length with frequency. This allows them to be sealed from the weather, unlike most screwdriver types, and his guarantee beats anyone's.

As for the dipole, it is obviously short on any frequency, and especially so on 160 meters. The efficiency on 160 is in the neighborhood of 2%, but only if it is raised well off of the ground.  If you're willing to put up with this level of performance, great, but for a base station installation, there are a lot better choices. As a portable, it is passible.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: