Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 438 times)
KI6IBQ

Ignore
« on: February 26, 2007, 08:14:42 PM »

Hello all.  My name is Steve Horton.  I'm a brand new HAM as of Feb 22, 2007.  I had an interesting road to taking my test.  I took my first test in 1997 when I was in high school.  I didn't pass and never got around to taking the exam again.  From there I joined the Marine Corps and have been here there and everywhere since.  While stationed here in Japan I decided to try again.  I checked out a book from the library here on base and started studying.  I was impressed at all of the practice tests and morse code websites available.  It was my intention to take the test when I made it back stateside in April but to my suprise I found a location here in Japan to test.  I made my way down to Nagoya and hooked up with the Nagoya VE team (big thanks to Sawaki-san KR7T).  I'm sure I'm not the most unique case but I think it's kind of neat that I became a HAM in Japan.  If nothing else its a conversation piece.  My plan is to test for General when I get home.  Now for the reason I posted this in the Mobile section.  Thanks for all of the great info you guys pass. I'm looking forward to getting home and setting up a radio and antenna in my truck.  Thanks and see you on the air waves.

Steve
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 06:39:58 AM »

While you're waiting to get home, you might want to look over my web site for a few ideas. The Photo Gallery has dozens of installs in just about every vehicle you can name.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

KD4EUH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 05:00:00 PM »

While you are thanking us, we should be thanking you for serving in the military. I know the sacrifice of serving.
Semper Fi
LCDR J. R. Lovett, USN (ret)
KD4EUH
W0FM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 01:28:21 PM »

Ditto.  Thanks for your service, Steve.  Welcome to the hobby and stay safe.

Terry, WØFM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: