Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mobile / Honda CR-V  (Read 436 times)
W8GCW

Ignore
« on: June 19, 2002, 05:41:11 PM »

Anyone have a Honda CR-V?Huh?
I have a 1999 CR-V, and am looking for a good way to mount a DK3 screwdriver . There doesn't seem to be much of a frame (if any) under this fine vehicle.   I use the rear doors on a regular basis, thus a "trailer hitch" mount is not practial for me. Something just off the drivers side back corner would be great.
Any suggestions would be helpful, as I am anxious to get going on HF mobile.
Thanx,
KD4ULW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2002, 02:01:48 PM »

I have a trailer hitch mount on my 98 CRV and it is offset under the drivers side rear bumper. The mount was put on at a local hitch shop and was a "build as you go" kind on thing...just welding and bending as he went. Could send pictures if you needed, it holds up the outbacker well.

73 and good luck
VE3RET

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 07:49:03 PM »

I have a 2007 CRV.  On my CRV there is a plastic channel running along both sides of the roof.  Under the pop out covers on each side are 2 #8 metric studs secured to the frame which may give good support to sizeable antenna. I used these to mount a custom angle bracket I designed and had made at a local metal shop for my dual band whip. It should handle most hamsticks and maybe something even larger. (You be the judge) The bolts should also provide a solid ground. BONUS.. you can run your coax down the hollow channel and snap the cover back with a notch cut in it,  drill one hole in the rear door frame and slip the coax into the roof lining, over the doors and through to door post just by pulling the rubber trim and popping the rear floor moulding, To run power, drill a hole in the steering well behind the gas pedal, route behind console, under floor panel and you're done. Don't forget to fuse at the battery. I'd run some tests first at low power to see the car radio or other electronics will be overloaded  Have fun.  ALAN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: