Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diamond SG-7900 MNO  (Read 465 times)
K4QXX

Ignore
« on: July 03, 2007, 04:13:08 PM »

I recently bought a SG-7900 2 meter/440 MNO antenna for my truck.  This is the first MNO type antenna that I have bought.  I am going to mate this antenna with a Geotool stake pocket mount in my truck.   The center pin of the antenna does not appear to connect to the antenna.  The outside of the base of the antenna seems to be grounded to the rest of the antenna, except for the top part of the antenna.  This was tested with an ohm meter.  Is this normal?  It looks like the brand of the coax will be connected to the antenna instead of the center conductor.  I am new to mobile antennas but this didn't seem right to me.  Does anyone have any experience with this antenna?

Burch
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 07:01:18 PM »

As you have discovered, most import NMO mounts are not compatible with an honest-to-john NMO (new Motorola) mount. There isn't much you can do now, but buy one of theirs and hope for the best.

When all else fails, and you want to buy the best, buy a Larsen NMO2/70BK.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

KE4SKY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 04:39:35 AM »

Alan is right. Either buy the K-400 Diamond mount made for the antenna, or get a Larson which will fit any US made NMO mount.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: